Like Tree67Likes

Je ne regrette rien

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Je ne regrette rien

Sorry Edith but that is crap

The daisies are being planted in preparation for me to push them up and yes I do regret things. It would be stupid not to when I get to this stage in my life and I can't afford essential medicine for my wife. Something went wrong.

But overall I don't regret my life. I have had many crazy experiences and many vivid memories and way too many stories to bore my children with. When they were younger bedtime stories meant telling them one about me (though several could not be told as they were not for the ears of children).

Jumping freight trains, arrrested multiple times, hospital many times. Being on the Special Branch list, being on a Nazi death list. Friends who had butlers and other servants, and friends who had no electricity or running water.

I bummed around Europe sleeping rough for several months which is when I discovered how incredibly kind people can be to complete strangers. I ended up in the hippie caves in Matala which is where I discovered peace and love does not stop them stealing your passport.

After 4 decades of being a science only hardcore atheist I became a 'Master' Reiki healer (I was trained by a self proclaimed witch) with around a hundred followers getting into seriously weird stuff. I have experienced miracles following the prayer of others and am now a Christian nutjob.

Geoexpat for 16 years!

I am sure many on here have had far from boring lives or they would not be expats!.

I don't regret learning from my wife about helping others. With a large amount of generosity from members here we have been able to give some happiness to thousands (that is not an exaggeration).

I don't regret my amazing kids who are not only academic high flyers, but beautiful inside and out, humble, funny and down to earth.

What do I regret?

In my constant habit to go with the flow and not think of the consequences I have on occasion hurt others. I should have thought more about the impact on others.

I regret not thinking enough about my health, thinking everything will be alright, and ending up with a heart that doesn't work.

I regret keeping things bottled up largely through ignorance. People in the 1960s and 1970s didn't talk about things and however much we talk about snowflake millennials, PTSD and similar are real and can screw up your life if not dealt with. It took me 50 years to seek help. There is a balance between "stiff upper lip" and "snowflake".

But mostly at the moment I regret not planning and going with the flow, letting things happen. Without being a snowflake and blaming others this is largely a result of the previous paragraph and an event in my childhood. But stuff that, it is my fault.

So now instead of a comfortable retirement I am in this mess where my wife needs medicine to live and I can't afford it. Nobody's fault but my own.

Two things I would request.

Firstly learn from my fuck up.

Secondly if anyone can help donate towards my wife's medicine to help.her get better then PLEASE PLEASE do. One of us pushing up the daisies is enough. Message me please, I am desperate.

Graham

If I hide money I would happily make a donation but I am skint thanks to the HK situation. Take care

hullexile likes this.

I've sent you a message, but part of it I will repeat here.

I recently needed to buy prescription medicine in Manila and then got a second batch of identical stuff in Bangkok. The cost in BKK was a fraction of that in Manila. So perhaps if there is anyone here in, or travelling to BKK (or vietnam, I understand they are also cheap) they could help too?

ByeByeEngland, Mrs. Jones and Sage like this.

In contact with hullexile to see what is the best drama free option to get some cash sorted. Will report back once we have identified something.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    In contact with hullexile to see what is the best drama free option to get some cash sorted. Will report back once we have identified something.
    Indeed let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Sorry Edith but that is crap

The daisies are being planted in preparation for me to push them up and yes I do regret things. It would be stupid not to when I get to this stage in my life and I can't afford essential medicine for my wife. Something went wrong.

But overall I don't regret my life. I have had many crazy experiences and many vivid memories and way too many stories to bore my children with. When they were younger bedtime stories meant telling them one about me (though several could not be told as they were not for the ears of children).

Jumping freight trains, arrrested multiple times, hospital many times. Being on the Special Branch list, being on a Nazi death list. Friends who had butlers and other servants, and friends who had no electricity or running water.

I bummed around Europe sleeping rough for several months which is when I discovered how incredibly kind people can be to complete strangers. I ended up in the hippie caves in Matala which is where I discovered peace and love does not stop them stealing your passport.

After 4 decades of being a science only hardcore atheist I became a 'Master' Reiki healer (I was trained by a self proclaimed witch) with around a hundred followers getting into seriously weird stuff. I have experienced miracles following the prayer of others and am now a Christian nutjob.

Geoexpat for 16 years!

I am sure many on here have had far from boring lives or they would not be expats!.

I don't regret learning from my wife about helping others. With a large amount of generosity from members here we have been able to give some happiness to thousands (that is not an exaggeration).

I don't regret my amazing kids who are not only academic high flyers, but beautiful inside and out, humble, funny and down to earth.

What do I regret?

In my constant habit to go with the flow and not think of the consequences I have on occasion hurt others. I should have thought more about the impact on others.

I regret not thinking enough about my health, thinking everything will be alright, and ending up with a heart that doesn't work.

I regret keeping things bottled up largely through ignorance. People in the 1960s and 1970s didn't talk about things and however much we talk about snowflake millennials, PTSD and similar are real and can screw up your life if not dealt with. It took me 50 years to seek help. There is a balance between "stiff upper lip" and "snowflake".

But mostly at the moment I regret not planning and going with the flow, letting things happen. Without being a snowflake and blaming others this is largely a result of the previous paragraph and an event in my childhood. But stuff that, it is my fault.

So now instead of a comfortable retirement I am in this mess where my wife needs medicine to live and I can't afford it. Nobody's fault but my own.

Two things I would request.

Firstly learn from my fuck up.

Secondly if anyone can help donate towards my wife's medicine to help.her get better then PLEASE PLEASE do. One of us pushing up the daisies is enough. Message me please, I am desperate.

Graham
    Great story! Sorry to hear about your wife though.
    So what are the costs for medicine for her?

Quote Originally Posted by Sith:
    Great story! Sorry to hear about your wife though.
    So what are the costs for medicine for her?
    A few thousand HKD per month.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    A few thousand HKD per month.
    Oh wow that's like a month's salary for them there
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I've sent you a message, but part of it I will repeat here.

I recently needed to buy prescription medicine in Manila and then got a second batch of identical stuff in Bangkok. The cost in BKK was a fraction of that in Manila. So perhaps if there is anyone here in, or travelling to BKK (or vietnam, I understand they are also cheap) they could help too?
    I will be in BKK next week, please pm Hull be if you would like me to drop by a few pharmacies to check some prices. Take care and don’t beat yourself up over this.
    hullexile and AsianXpat0 like this.

I remember growing up in Marisol Village, close to Clark Air Base, where they had a dedicated TB Pavilion there, some of my relatives & friends where taken there & most of them came out ok, i guess, since this place i knew is from the 80's.

i can't remember if there was a program back there to treat TB with minimal to no cost but not sure of that nowadays. I hope your wife recovers soon.

National TB control Program
    https://ntp.doh.gov.ph/

hullexile likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast