Like Tree47Likes

Hong Kong Breakfast goes global

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hong Kong Breakfast goes global

https://ny.eater.com/2023/6/2/237453...lfzZz2_d4vxco8
    spode likes this.

Yeah no... that sort of food is only ever going to give me flashbacks of hotel quarantine. Might be quite cathartic to drop the whole lot into the bin and walk out I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Peaky:
    Yeah no... that sort of food is only ever going to give me flashbacks of hotel quarantine. Might be quite cathartic to drop the whole lot into the bin and walk out I suppose.
    I am nostalgic about many things from my time in the Fragrant Harbor. The HK breakfast is not one of them.

I do miss HK style breakfast, Satay Beef instant noodles with seperate plate of ham scrambled egg and a slice of toast with Ice Milk Tea. yummy.

East_coast likes this.

I had a Hong Kong breakfast. Once.

As long as congee is excluded I’ve certainly had worse but also the scrambled eggs need to be very well cooked for me.

Certainly streets ahead of pancakes, waffles and syrup that’s for sure but judging by ever expanding waistlines globally and the number of people I see McD every morning that battle is lost.

I’m no saint myself. My ideal breakfast would be a home cooked bacon or sausage and egg toasted English muffin with either haggis/black pudding and maybe a bit of melted cheese. It’s one of my once or twice a week luxuries.

A good silog and an authentic Vietnamese coffee would be the perfect way to start the day. Oh and of course a shout out for the sorely missed Flying Pan.

spode likes this.

Disgusting.

British fry up. Nothing can top that.

tf19 and HK_Katherine like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Disgusting.

You know, some cha chaan teng places attempt this, and they serve baked beans that are straight out of a can, not even heated.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongmusic:
    Disgusting.

Heart disease can stop that.

"I went for a sandwich of corned beef and egg ($4), which was made on bread with the crusts excised, really quite wonderful..."

Wonderful compared to what? Dirt? That pic is one of the most boring and visually unappetizing dishes ever. "Most fun places to eat breakfast"
    Poor sod.
    TheDevil_666 and Zelensky2 like this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast