Like Tree102Likes

Best TV Shows in 2024

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The tourism board is spending a LOT of money getting "influencers" into HK to tell good stories.
    Probably a better strategy than paying aging football superstars to play (or not play) in exhibition games in HK. In all seriousness, it looked like an advertisement, complete with the HK Tourism Board logo flashing at the end of the episode. I plan on doing a Japan/Taiwan holiday trip in the fall but the Fragrant Harbor is unlikely to be on my itinerary.

Impressed by "Shōgun". It has great acting, stunning locations, and an exciting plot. I rarely do so - but I watched a complete series in one go. I just sat on a sofa and couldn't stand until it finished.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    Impressed by "Shōgun". It has great acting, stunning locations, and an exciting plot. I rarely do so - but I watched a complete series in one go. I just sat on a sofa and couldn't stand until it finished.
    Hiroyuki Sanada always shines in the few roles he's had in English-speaking movies/TV (Rush Hour 3, Westworld). Nice to see him play the lead. There were a couple of other fine performances but also a clunker - I couldn't get past Mariko. :-(
    emx, Grinnie Jax and timonoj like this.

If you watch chinese dramas, Joy of Life 1 and recently released on Disney Plus Joy of Life S2 are exceptionallly good.

Been watching Mayor of Kingston for the last 3-4 weeks and now caught up. One of the best shows I have seen in a while.

Jeremy Renner is brilliant in this show as are the rest of the cast.

Worth starting from Season 1.. currently on Season 3 episode 3.

https://youtu.be/UbC0Q7IzIiM?si=054kSBPEIVmLp6Co

emx, Sith, huja and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Been watching Mayor of Kingston for the last 3-4 weeks and now caught up. One of the best shows I have seen in a while.

Jeremy Renner is brilliant in this show as are the rest of the cast.

Worth starting from Season 1.. currently on Season 3 episode 3.

https://youtu.be/UbC0Q7IzIiM?si=054kSBPEIVmLp6Co
    Agree very good show!

I enjoyed the first season, will go back for the second. I am always concerned these shows won't hold it together for season 2+ (e.g. Westworld).

Quote Originally Posted by saltywetman:
    I enjoyed the first season, will go back for the second. I am always concerned these shows won't hold it together for season 2+ (e.g. Westworld).
    Mayor? Continues to be an awesome show into season 3.. episode 3 was a serious cliffhanger and I am trying to power up a time machine but the flux capacitor is broken.
    saltywetman and muzzdang like this.

The Bear Season 3 dropped yesterday. I'm 3 episodes in and while I have yet to find an episode that blew my mind like "Fishes" or "Review", it is still very good with added bonus cameos from folks like Daniel Boulud, Rene Redzepi, and Thomas Keller (My first dinner at The French Laundry is what originally turned me into a 'foodie').

On the other hand, Star Wars The Acolyte is a major disappointment especially given how much latitude they have in terms of world building the High Republic era. Not quite a "Somehow Palpatine returned" level of cringe but still pretty bad.

saltywetman, shri and muzzdang like this.

Watched about 20 mins of the Whirlwind on Netflix .. promising.

https://youtu.be/o-EkRdodKes?si=T_s8rKlW0YYkmzZj

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast