Like Tree83Likes

Best TV Shows in 2024

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    The tourism board is spending a LOT of money getting "influencers" into HK to tell good stories.
    Probably a better strategy than paying aging football superstars to play (or not play) in exhibition games in HK. In all seriousness, it looked like an advertisement, complete with the HK Tourism Board logo flashing at the end of the episode. I plan on doing a Japan/Taiwan holiday trip in the fall but the Fragrant Harbor is unlikely to be on my itinerary.

Impressed by "Shōgun". It has great acting, stunning locations, and an exciting plot. I rarely do so - but I watched a complete series in one go. I just sat on a sofa and couldn't stand until it finished.

shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinnie Jax:
    Impressed by "Shōgun". It has great acting, stunning locations, and an exciting plot. I rarely do so - but I watched a complete series in one go. I just sat on a sofa and couldn't stand until it finished.
    Hiroyuki Sanada always shines in the few roles he's had in English-speaking movies/TV (Rush Hour 3, Westworld). Nice to see him play the lead. There were a couple of other fine performances but also a clunker - I couldn't get past Mariko. :-(
    emx, Grinnie Jax and timonoj like this.

If you watch chinese dramas, Joy of Life 1 and recently released on Disney Plus Joy of Life S2 are exceptionallly good.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9