Like Tree13Likes

Easter presents?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Gold, frankincense, and myrrh? Many Hispanics give presents on the Feast of the Epiphany, when the wise men showed up...
    But Herod ordered the killing of all infants up to two years old suggesting the present giving was not when Jesus was a newborn baby. Though Herod was a murderous bastard so might have upped the age for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    But Herod ordered the killing of all infants up to two years old suggesting the present giving was not when Jesus was a newborn baby. Though Herod was a murderous bastard so might have upped the age for fun.
    You only said nothing about presents...my point was that birthday presents and new baby presents, definitely a thing, not whether we would care to recreate all the fun activities in the Bible, although plenty of Filipinos do seem to relish e recreating the crucifixion itself...I feel like flogging is plenty, no need to go all the way...

You only said nothing about presents...my point was that birthday presents and new baby presents, definitely a thing, not whether we would care to recreate all the fun activities in the Bible, although plenty of Filipinos do seem to relish e recreating the crucifixion itself...I feel like flogging is plenty, no need to go all the way...
    One bloke is on his 35th year of being nailed up. He said carrying the cross is getting tough.

Yes you are right, I meant presents when he was newborn but didn't make that clear at all.

So here is the explanation of the very Catholic tradition of Easter baskets, generally filled with Easter foods to be blessed the day before Easter..The US kept going, as we tend to do, and gave them to children with real eggs, candy eggs, jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, chocolate crosses (for us Catholic kids, anyway). And, typically, a small stuffed animal like a rabbit or sheep what with Jesus being the lamb of God.
    Parents put them together. Now there are many commercial baskets, also with candy but more small toys but generally low cost, 20 usd or so.
    My church still blesses food from time to time and definitely blesses Easter eggs. Catholics can NEVER bless too many things...

Check out the Wiki article, I guess the UK being not Catholic, not something that you all know about...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East...oly%20Saturday.

hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    One bloke is on his 35th year of being nailed up. He said carrying the cross is getting tough.
    "It's not my cross. I was holding it for someone."
    PLamHK likes this.

So here is the explanation of the very Catholic tradition of Easter baskets, generally filled with Easter foods to be blessed the day before Easter..The US kept going, as we tend to do, and gave them to children with real eggs, candy eggs, jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, chocolate crosses (for us Catholic kids, anyway). And, typically, a small stuffed animal like a rabbit or sheep what with Jesus being the lamb of God.
    Parents put them together. Now there are many commercial baskets, also with candy but more small toys but generally low cost, 20 usd or so.
    My church still blesses food from time to time and definitely blesses Easter eggs. Catholics can NEVER bless too many things...

Check out the Wiki article, I guess the UK being not Catholic, not something that you all know about...
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East...oly%20Saturday.
    "Catholics can never bless too many things"

Kids elementary school foundation day. There item 5 on the events was "blessing the new toilets"

Quote Originally Posted by paddylast:
    "It's not my cross. I was holding it for someone."
    My uncle, a cook in a restaurant, would make Easter brunch every year. When Life of Brian came out on video, he decided would make a great Easter movie to show my very Catholic, devout, grandparents, who were too polite to say anything. Actually, at that point I don't think they could even follow the dialogue...
    hullexile likes this.

So turns out Jesus WAS making the eggs along with the Easter bunny, who knew?

Name:  jesus plus easter eggs.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  233.2 KB

ByeByeEngland likes this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3