Crowded Hong Kong

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Crowded Hong Kong

As HK gets more and more crowded there is always a chance for some sort of arguments to creep up, people bumping into each other etc.

this is a latest video found on Youtube, its an argument that the people seatings legs either hit/touched the guys legs who was standing.

We should all think how lucky we are that HK does not allow guns and tasers to be sold legally or everyday we would have someone going postal. That could be a good thing as it would reduce the population.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkEIk-gVt3I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkEIk-gVt3I[/ame]

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Calhoun JB. Population density and social pathology. Sci Am 1962; 306: 139-48

Calhoun JB. Space and the strategy of life. In: Esser AH, ed. Behavior and environment. New York, NY: Plenum Press;1971

sigh

Guns sound like a perfect solution to this overcrowded city...

Ya during rush hours the admiralty station drives me nuts. they should have more than one platform for that transfer...

Quote Originally Posted by kittyctc:
    Ya during rush hours the admiralty station drives me nuts. they should have more than one platform for that transfer...
    It would help if people didn't rush as if 2 minutes was the difference between life & death. I had one mid age woman run straight into me at Admiralty, being a 170lb regular gym goer, she bouced off me several feet on to the floor and then gave me grief for not giving way to her! I was thinking WTF?!

In all my travels I've only ever seen people run off the plane, run to immigration and then run to collect their luggage, in Hong Kong.

And yes, that platform at Admiralty is a nightmare - even getting off the train there is an obstacle course, it's all shoulders down and barge!

And then there's the annoying opposite of the rush hour - the lunch hour crawl where people are strolling along four-wide on the busy streets. I guess they've had their lunch and are burning the rest of their lunch-hour.

that's nothing, you wanna seen the chaos on a daily basis in the hung hom interchange from west to east line, so dangerous now to have so many people rushing, especially the fact that hung hom has no barrier screens and very tight/narrow unguarded platforms.

mtr need to sort this out bu installing barriers/screens as this is an accident waiting to happen..

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona and Steve:
    In all my travels I've only ever seen people run off the plane, run to immigration and then run to collect their luggage, in Hong Kong.
    That was probably me. Why do you consider it strange? There is a bus direct to where I live that goes once per HOUR ... if I miss it, I wait an hour. Wouldn't you run? Besides, it's good to get the circulation going again after sitting down for a while.

I can't see the video !

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    That was probably me. Why do you consider it strange? There is a bus direct to where I live that goes once per HOUR ... if I miss it, I wait an hour. Wouldn't you run? Besides, it's good to get the circulation going again after sitting down for a while.
    Else you can take E33 that runs much often and take a quick ride by cab from Tuen Mun...no need to rush like a mad lady ;-)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast