What's the green blob limit?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's the green blob limit?

I don't give away many green blobs, as a rule; just whenever I happen to read a particularly useful, insightful or inoffensively entertaining post. I certainly don't keep track of the who gets green blobs as this (to me) has nothing to do with it. It seems, however, that I must have been giving away a few too many green blobs to one poster in particular, as I just got a pop-up message advising me to 'spread the blobs around' (or words to that effect) before I give any more to the poster who shall remain nameless.

Well I certainly didn't seek out that particular poster, or single him (or her) out for special blob attention. If he (or she) has attracted more of my miserly green blob distribution than other posters then it is only because his (or her) posts seemed to be particularly worthy.

I looked around for other posts that might warrant a green blob, just so that I could go back and give out the green blob that I felt the nameless poster deserved, but a brief browse didn't turn up anything note-worthy and I didn't feel that it was right to award blobs without due merit just to remove a block on my blobbing ability. So what if one person gets a whole load of blobs and other people get fewer? Aren't my blobs mine to give away? What's wrong with recognising meritous work and rewarding it accodingly? Why should I have to award blobs to less deserving posts "just to be fair"? Ooo, I just started to sound really capitalist. I could be having a political epiphany...

Anyway, can anyone tell me what the limit is on consecutive green blob awards? And once that limit has been reached, how many blobs have to be shared around before the deserving poster can finally be rewarded?

Now, your post made me feel like giving you a green blob or two...

Ah, I just got my first ever red blob for this thread! Wow, that stings. Yeah, I know 'blobs' aren't exactly the most important things in the world right now (or, indeed, ever), but hey, this IS the 'anti-productivity' forum isn't it? What else am I going to do on a Friday afternoon? Work?

Quote Originally Posted by M Khan:

Anyway, can anyone tell me what the limit is on consecutive green blob awards? And once that limit has been reached, how many blobs have to be shared around before the deserving poster can finally be rewarded?
    I give heaps of green blobs out, which helps increase other forum members rep by about 1200 ish points or to " has a brilliant future" and full dot coverage displayed, in one click.. I even increase some of the reps of forum members that got red blob mob attacked at times, just to balance out the fairness of the system a bit...

I gave you a green boost M Khan, so now the very next time you give out some rep to a helpful post contributor, it will increase their rep by a much higher rate, than your previous amount.

Cheers
    Last edited by Skyhook; 15-05-2009 at 05:12 PM.

Surely I am not the only one who thought of this:

"Well, there's egg and bacon; egg sausage and bacon; egg and blob; egg bacon and blob; egg bacon sausage and blob; blob bacon sausage and blob; blob egg blob blob bacon and blob; blob sausage blob blob bacon blob tomato and blob..."

Last edited by jahoga; 15-05-2009 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Rats, I don't want big youtube boxes... how do I just leave the link?

"Blob blob blob blob, blob blob blob blob, loverly blob, wonderful blob!"

I did not even know a green blob thing existed, I assumed that it was due to the number of posts you've written, now I realise that my lack of green blobs it due to the unhelpful nature of most of my posts!!

Quote Originally Posted by M Khan:
    What's wrong with recognising meritous work and rewarding it accodingly? Why should I have to award blobs to less deserving posts "just to be fair"? Ooo, I just started to sound really capitalist.
    That doesn't sound very capitalist to me. Look at the highest paid jobs in the land: bankers. Do you think they do anything meritous and rewarding? They are just professional gamblers, and if they win they get a very high commission, if they lose the taxpayers pay their debts. This is not very capitalist. Capitalism is the person who works hard doing a very important job (e.g. road sweeper, toilet cleaning) and get paid pennies, and is asked to bail out the rich people who lost money. Capitalism for the poor, communism for the rich.

Safran, u must have a shed load of red rep blobs lol I gave you 1200 points worth of green, and it didn't even make a dent to lower your red count...

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Safran, u must have a shed load of red rep blobs lol I gave you 1200 points worth of green, and it didn't even make a dent to lower your red count...
    So you are that good soul?

How do you determine the amount of points you can give???

My green and red dots keep changing by very large amounts, and I thought that the system doesn't work (it can go from 2,000 to 3000+ in one day without actually anybody giving me any comment, as far as I could see). I thought that in theory every time one give you a positive or negative comment you get the same amount of green or red dots (1 or 10 or whatever)? So, actually you can determine how many red and green dots you give someone? How?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast