Can anyone help explain why they set the tempreture so bloody low indoors in HK?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Can anyone help explain why they set the tempreture so bloody low indoors in HK?

I am usually freezing inside shopping moll or subways or any public places where the tempreture is so much colder than it is in Winter. As a result I have to carry a cardigen with me all the time wherever I go in Hong Kong summer. Please share if you feel the same or it is just the stubborness of my body not being able to adjust the tempreture difference of indoor and outdoor in HK.

To show how wealthy and upper-class they are.
    Have you ever been chilled by super-cold aircon in a barnyard?
    Point Proven.

Yes, I'm currently sitting in an office wearing a coat. A coat in June! It's sweltering outside yet my hands are so cold that I have to periodically sit on them and defrost them so that I can type.

I turn the thermostat up and my manager turns it down. Daily.

I sometimes wonder whether locals have a higher body temperature or greater resistance to the cold. And yet, thick North Face coats come out in response to the slightest cool breeze in September. I don't get it.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Because erect nipples due to the cold air-con is the closest some people will get ...

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Because erect nipples due to the cold air-con is the closest some people will get ...
    Why is it that cold has that effect on nipples but on men...droop, droop?

I have always wondered, given that most things have a biological reason, what is the advantage to the species of cold making nipples erect?

Quote Originally Posted by Sigga:
    I sometimes wonder whether locals have a higher body temperature or greater resistance to the cold. And yet, thick North Face coats come out in response to the slightest cool breeze in September. I don't get it.
    My question exactly!!
    If the temps dip toward 20, they dress like they are hiking the Yukon, but air cons all over Hk are now set below 20.
    They set them low and then open the doors to the streets, as if they are trying to cool all of SE Asia.
    A total waste of energy. And given the number of money-hungry people there are, you would think wouldn't want to waste the money.
    So, both an environmental and financial problem.

I don't really get it either. Temperature drops below 15 and everyone is wearing thick furs as if its the North Pole. And in summer, the AC is set so low everywhere !

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Why is it that cold has that effect on nipples but on men...droop, droop?

I have always wondered, given that most things have a biological reason, what is the advantage to the species of cold making nipples erect?
    Mine don't do that. Running in (actual) cold weather used to cause chafing.
    And I assume it is just part of the whole shivering reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    Mine don't do that. Running in (actual) cold weather used to cause chafing.
    And I assume it is just part of the whole shivering reaction.
    I was not talking about men's nipples but a bit further down

Oops, my mind was still on the top part.
    For that body part I assume it is an attempt to get closer to the body and to the heat. Plus when you are cold circulation to the extremities tends to be sacrificed so that the inner organs are protected.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast