Like Tree11Likes

Drunk Tourist (Kelsey Michael Mudd) Caught on Tape Stealing Taxi

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

..what with him being drunk, interfering with the controls of the car driving up hill into another vehicle whilst uninsured and after being in an accident?
    Might not be murder but he certainly wasn't helping with CPR either.

Quote Originally Posted by Load Toad:
    If the bloke had read TWISM's posts it would have been hypertension.
    perplexed by your comment but thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kryzlowski:
    Has anyone else noticed that in the video the slight 'incline' which the family's blog says the taxi started rolling down due to gravity actually appears to be uphill rather than downhill. Never seen that happen before!

But... after watching again, the guy seems to be in the passenger seat as a policeman is leaning in the driver side at the moment the car starts moving. So it seems pretty possible whatever happened involved the policeman, or at least the policeman had a good view of it.

Either way it doesn't actually matter whether he drove off on purpose or not, he's being charged for what happened before that. There doesn't seem to be much evidence of how the crash that killed the taxi driver happened, so who's to say how guilty or innocent he is. I'd be pretty shocked if they managed to put a successful case forward for murder.
    the family doesnt seem very sophisticated. seems like a bunch of hicks. the boy slid toward the wheel pressed the gas then slid behind the wheel and yes you are right uphill. he was trying to take off as the cops tended to the driver. but when the cops surrounded the taxi later he knew he had to make a run for it. you can hear the engine shift gears uphill. then he avoided the wall. had he had actually tried to stop it could have provided a soft stop. when he avoided the wall his 3x intoxication and flight caiused nearly 3 more fatalities. this boy should be incarcerated for murder in my opinion. i dont care what the family thinks or what other people here say, this is what i see.
    Last edited by TWISM; 29-07-2009 at 10:46 PM.

the family is scum, the blog took down the facebook post about arguing over music. more than likely he was drunk and tried to control the music. hk drivers are courteous they dont impose music on passengers and i dont ever recall being in a taxi with loud music. the blog removed access to posters beucase yesterday there was a slew of contracdicting posts by people. if anything we should raise money for the drivers family to file a civil suit against this killer. he cannot come to hk and do this to people.

You seem to be a little biased in this case TWISM!

It is tragic that someone has lost their life in this accident but as others have mentioned we cannot make judgement based on media reports and edited videos!

I certainly hope the court will use more than hearsay, rumour and YouTube as evidence to convict/acquit this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    You seem to be a little biased in this case TWISM!

It is tragic that someone has lost their life in this accident but as others have mentioned we cannot make judgement based on media reports and edited videos!

I certainly hope the court will use more than hearsay, rumour and YouTube as evidence to convict/acquit this guy.
    I'm not. That might be your thinking. I do not like drunks killing people. And getting away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by TWISM:
    I'm not. That might be your thinking. I do not like drunks killing people. And getting away with it.
    I would say that assumption of guilt suggests bias!

I think let the due process run it's course in this case. The prosecutors in Hong Kong wouldn't raise a murder charge, as opposed to say manslaughter charge, unless they had strong evidence to prove it - and due to the fact it is evidence it cannot be made public until the trial.

I was more concerned at the attempted getaway. He recklessly endangered the lives of the 4th taxi driver and scared the crap of the two pretty female passengers. True he was in the passenger side, but as we all know, the front seat of a taxi is more like a bench, and the gears are in the left side of the steering column, so not impossible he put the car in gear and slipped behind the wheel. Watch the footage from TVB again just before the car moves - his left hand is near the gear stick, and the way he is stretched with his height, there would be no problem with his feet reaching the pedals. Earlier in the clip, he is sat in the middle and seems to be sizing up the controls. btw, his nationality has nothing to do with it, his actions do.

Let's join hands to lynch suspected criminals in public and make Hong Kong a world class ochlocracy!

Hey Load Toad, everyone has the right to an opinion on anything, it's called free will. And if the opinion turns out to be wrong, then other people have the right to make you look like a hee-haw as a natural deterrent to being so opinionated!

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast