Like Tree11Likes

Drunk Tourist (Kelsey Michael Mudd) Caught on Tape Stealing Taxi

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

I am interested to know the events before the taxi ride took place. That is, how drunk was he, were was he drinking, etc. Also, anyone else notice that he was sitting in the front passenger seat? How many expats do that? Was he visiting HK from Australia?

I think it will be interesting to hear the full story.

Quote Originally Posted by Crocodile:
    I am interested to know the events before the taxi ride took place. That is, how drunk was he, were was he drinking, etc. Also, anyone else notice that he was sitting in the front passenger seat? How many expats do that? Was he visiting HK from Australia?

I think it will be interesting to hear the full story.
    Of course here, I would only sit in the front seat if the back was totally full. But in Australia, it's a common occurrence that you would sit in the front if you were the only one getting the taxi ride home/work. Here, in HK (like America) - I wouldn't do it - just doesn't seem right.

As I understand it - he was studying in the US and was in HK to visit his parents who are currently living here.

He appears to be of Asian appearance judging by the photo - not that it matters.
    Last edited by Myrona; 29-06-2009 at 03:39 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The police saw a pissed gweilo and stepped back...

No, not Asian - you can view other photos on the SCMP website. Latest news from there:

Australian man appears in court over death of taxi driver

An Australian man – who attempted to flee in a taxi after a fatal crash in Central early on Saturday appeared in the Eastern Magistrate Court on Monday morning in connection with the death of a taxi driver.

Kelsey Michael Mudd, 22, a tourist who holds an Australian passport, faces one count of murder, did not enter a plea. He was remanded in custody on Monday morning, local radio reported.

The case was adjourned until the end of July for further investigation by police.

Mr Mudd was arrested on Saturday morning after the accident. Police on Sunday charged the 22-year-old with one count of murder.

Magistrate Chin Lai told the court on Monday that because the case was so serious, Mr Mudd could not be granted bail. She said the defendant could apply for a bail in the High Court.

A police source said preliminary investigations showed that Mr Mudd had a dispute with the taxi driver while he was driving.

The taxi driver, surnamed Wong, 58, died in a collision while speeding to a hospital. The vehicle crashed through a road divider and hit three other taxis on the opposite lane at 3.30am on Saturday in Harcourt Road.

After the accident, traffic police began investigating. But Mr Mudd suddenly drove off in the taxi. He drove it for about 50 metres before colliding head-on with another taxi.

The taxi driver’s son told local media on Monday he hopes justice would be served.

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    No, not Asian - you can view other photos on the SCMP website.
    Darn it - need a subscription...

He's on Facebook Search Names: kelsey mudd | Facebook

(Again got this from SCMP)

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay:
    He's on Facebook Search Names: kelsey mudd | Facebook

(Again got this from SCMP)
    I doubt this one is him: Kelsey Michael Mudd - Australia | Facebook - as one of his profile pictures is a photo of the accident. If it is him, clearly he doesn't understand the seriousness of his alleged actions...

Wow, murder rather than manslaughter. He intentionally crashed the car in an attempt to kill the driver (while sitting in the passenger seat)?

It's a pretty risky way to kill someone.

Well judging by his facebook favourite quotation ' Live Fast, Die Young and leave a good looking corpse' and his interests are 'Getting Wasted'

Does not really bode well does it?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrona:
    I doubt this one is him: Kelsey Michael Mudd - Australia | Facebook - as one of his profile pictures is a photo of the accident. If it is him, clearly he doesn't understand the seriousness of his alleged actions...
    Same as the pics in the SCMP. One and the same person as far as I can see.

Jimbo - I also noted that quote!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast