Like Tree11Likes

Drunk Tourist (Kelsey Michael Mudd) Caught on Tape Stealing Taxi

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast

Are HK taxis equipped with cameras?

No they aren't.

In Australia the last bar he had been in would be in massive trouble for continuing to serve him alcohol. I wonder if the same goes here.

On a separate note, the person with the much worse fate is the deceased taxi driver. I feel very badly for his poor family.

There is no worse fate than death.

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    which part of my post says the police need to beat his ass, to look impressive would been to do the job properly, as soon as he was caught he should have been handcuffed.

Ok lets stir some SH!T up now, lets start playing the race game.

How many people think because he was white that the police did not cuff him.
    You seemed to say that the police in the US would have done a better job, I simply pointed out that various police forces make all kinds of mistakes... Personally, I think that the way Rodney King was mishandled was far worse than what the HK police force did or did not do this time.

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    You seemed to say that the police in the US would have done a better job, I simply pointed out that various police forces make all kinds of mistakes... Personally, I think that the way Rodney King was mishandled was far worse than what the HK police force did or did not do this time.
    They arrived at an accident. They found the driver almost dead, and the passenger injured.

What should they have done? Beaten up the passenger?!?!? They took care of him, asked him if he was ok, then let him rest a bit while taking cared of the almost-dead driver. They did exactly what they should have done (though I guess they could have taken out the keys?).

For once I support the police

Geo

Can you give a translation of that Ming Daily Article - even a summary. Babelfish isn't really helping

[Ming Daily special news]The police continued to investigate occur the day before yesterday in the intermediate belt seize the life traffic accident rarely, in the document the taxi driver injury died again, 22 year old of drunk Australian nationality man Kelsey which was arrested after arrested all night, yesterday is concluded a case sues a fence of murder, today brings to court in the east area referee court. The news said that some eyewitness saw the suspect once bind rounded the neck to the dead to execute raids, out of control causes an accident finally the taxi.

The news said that after the traffic accident, has eyewitness to contact the police, indicated that before the accident, saw the suspect executes to the dead raids, two people pester in the compartment, the taxi under out of control like “the snake step” the travel, hits high immediately � 珚 穭 屭 exerts 獢 A then to cross to the facial suture causes an accident. The insider disclosed that eyewitness said dead suffers the human in the entanglement to bind round the neck and to push fiercely, before the collision, dead's partial bodies have stretched out outside the vehicle, but is ejected under the violent collision outside the vehicle the severely wounded stupor, after sending to hospital, incurable. But eyewitness has not been able to determine that the dead is promoted by the human, or is outside the momentum falls dispatches a vehicle.

Last edited by Star Gazer; 29-06-2009 at 06:56 PM.

safran - I agree with you on this. Chances are he was interfering as he was scared for his life. However, the idiot did steal the car and crash into another .... so lets just assume he was the cause ...

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    safran - I agree with you on this. Chances are he was interfering as he was scared for his life. However, the idiot did steal the car and crash into another .... so lets just assume he was the cause ...
    "However, the idiot did steal the car and crash into another"
    Seems you may have made your mind up rather than assumed.

Would like to know what the two guys are saying that come up on the drivers side @ 0.34. One puts his hands in the car the other points.

The guy is on the far side of the passenger seat and IS NOT holding the wheel as far as i can see. The shot that sees the car going away shows him leaning far over and grabbing the wheel. So - was he trying to control an out of control car ??????

Innocent until proven guilty please people.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Nobody knows what was happening in that taxi before it crashed (and of course nobody can believe the Aussie either). Perhaps the taxi driver was speeding and driving erratically (as they usually do) and the Aussie (unwisely) tried to stop him. Perhaps the taxi driver made advances to the Aussie and the Aussie pushed him away. Perhaps the other way round. Perhaps the taxi driver tried to steal the Aussie's money, or perhaps the other way round. Nobody knows, and nobody will ever know.

But considering the way some taxi drivers drive in Hong Kong, I wouldn't be so sure it was the fault of the Aussie. Somehow, there should be more police controls on the quality of driving of taxi drivers, and some licenses should be revoked. At times I am thanking god for being still alive, after I get out of a taxi!

And I wouldn't believe eye witnesses either. A drunken gweilo v. a HK taxi driver. What are HK eye witnesses going to see? Of course the drunken gweilo is guilty!

I am not saying he is innocent. All I am saying is that he may be innocent, and we will never know for sure. And you shouldn't put a person in prison for 20 years, if you don't know for sure he is guilty.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 13 ... LastLast