The invisible man (or woman)'s news

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    At least they are on TV for their reporting skills NOT because they have big boobs or Blow Job type of lips if you see what i mean.

As long as they are not forced to wear it but do it by choice (like a christian would wear a cross) I do not find it funny or disturbing. it is another culture.
    im not saying we are any better in western civilization (or eastern for that matter). we all have our impositions on the female society, causing disorders, plastic surgery booms, bound feet. etc etc.

but...you have to admit that that "culture" has extremely harsh conditions for women. It is the worst society in the world for women to live. women have ZERO rights, and are treated worse then animals. Constantly in the news are there stories of woman being stoned to death for unfaithful husbands, or for leaving the house without a man at her side.

if this was happening 100 years ago...i might glance at it in passing as a thing of the times. but we are now in the 21st century imposing such horridly life threatening forces on woman there.
    Last edited by BenderBends; 10-12-2009 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I'm worried about your fantasies
    a friend of mine in college used to joke about this fantasy....and it certainly is an interesting test of faith/religion.

Strange really...

In some muslim countries - because men can not be trusted to control their emotions, women have to wear a bag.
    Men in muslim countries can wear fairly normal attire and apparently muslim men will not, by being dressed thus inflame the passions of muslim women; who may then act in an inappropriate, uncontrolled way. Muslim men must be ugly and sexually unappealing to muslim wimmen?
    Muslim men can present the news dressed normally and apparently even when worrying about their appearance because they are not wearing a bag over their heads they can still present the programmes OK.

How very peculiar.

its not funny and not to make a point, its religious and muslims dont allowed to show thier body to others,u can also think about how the women feel safe from bad guys.best to cover your body curves no body can see your property.

This reminds me of a very old but funny Alexei Sayle sketch, when he did a piss-take out of "The Golden Girls" and set it in Iran. Needless to say they were wearing yashmaks and couldn't work out which one was Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    but...you have to admit that that "culture" has extremely harsh conditions for women. It is the worst society in the world for women to live. women have ZERO rights, and are treated worse then animals. Constantly in the news are there stories of woman being stoned to death for unfaithful husbands, or for leaving the house without a man at her side.
    WESTERN news.

On that subject you can hope the SCMP any day and you will find stories of husband who killed their mistresses / wive...no need to go very far to see those things.

WESTERN news.

On that subject you can hope the SCMP any day and you will find stories of husband who killed their mistresses / wive...no need to go very far to see those things.
    yes.... because these women have same rights as hk women, and those who try to battle in courts for freedom obviously have a fair chance for basic rights...

why are you defending the way these woman are treated and the way they lack respect/rights
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by BenderBends:
    yes.... because these women have same rights as hk women, and those who try to battle in courts for freedom obviously have a fair chance for basic rights...

why are you defending the way these woman are treated and the way they lack respect/rights
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I am not defending these women.

I first stated that this video or whatever it is wasnt funny.

What I am saying is that we are ALL brain washed (western media are brainwashing us big time too) and that we do not know why they wear those clothes.

If by choice FINE (some girl here were skinny top with skinny skirt - why? brain washed by Tv ads...) if not by choice then SAD.

You are immediately assuming that they wear it cos they are forced.

Maybe but maybe not.

the big problem I find with forum is people are way too back or white....life isn't that way.

I am not defending these women.

I first stated that this video or whatever it is wasnt funny.

What I am saying is that we are ALL brain washed (western media are brainwashing us big time too) and that we do not know why they wear those clothes.

If by choice FINE (some girl here were skinny top with skinny skirt - why? brain washed by Tv ads...) if not by choice then SAD.

You are immediately assuming that they wear it cos they are forced.

Maybe but maybe not.

the big problem I find with forum is people are way too back or white....life isn't that way.
    there is the problem with your post.... it's not "by choice" when they don't get a choice.... is it?
    Posted via Mobile Device

As the article says:

[...] a leading Egyptian cleric, Sheikh Mohammed Tantawi, said he would issue an edict stating that the niqab was a "custom that has nothing to do with Islam".

The majority of moderate Muslim scholars agree with him.
    The niqab is unknown to many Muslims. A bit like stoning, honour killings and suicide bombings. I have to admit I don't like it though.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast