Like Tree45Likes

What do you love, hate about HK?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

You prefer CDG over LHR?

Once flew into HK from China, they managed to get me and my bags from the China flight to the Amsterdam flight in less than 15 mins from touchdown. Don't think you would see that happen at many large airports.

Usually fly into Humberside, now there is a wonderful airport to use. Only 6 very small planes on a busy day. Main problem is there are only 3 taxis so if you miss them you have to wait until they have done their trips and come back!

Moving: rumour is they plan to move the main international airport from Manila to use the one at Clark, Pampanga so that could ease the problems (though I doubt it). Mind you we will all be long retired before that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Christickler:
    As often as possible - I fly indirectly into Birmingham than directly to Heathrow... There are so many options ie EK via DXB, KL via AMS, AF via CDG, LH via FRA, LX via Zurich.

I have also done Birmingham indirectly from amsterdam to HK via KLM, pretty good, but if they had direct flights, birmingham airport would be alot more popular.

in my opinion, maybe even oasis airlines (actually pretty decent) may have had a better chance of survival if they choose birmingham instead of pain in ass to get to gatwick.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    You prefer CDG over LHR?
    LHR is a hell hole... I worked there for 3 years, so know it very well.

I have only flown through CDG 4 or 5 times and never had any issues at all.

What is that? Heathrow? Never heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Christickler:
    LHR is a hell hole... I worked there for 3 years, so know it very well.

I have only flown through CDG 4 or 5 times and never had any issues at all.
    In CDG which terminal did you take ? T2 E and F are great when the roof is not falling down on you, but T1 and T2 A (Cathay) is a nightmare. You have to start to queue outside the terminal to check-in.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    You really have been unlucky - or just never experienced a REALLY bad airport. Try flying Cathay into Manila and see how you feel then!
    I fly this frequently, without problems. The changes between the three termials are a bit of a PITA but it's less than 10 minutes and a 100 peso taxi ride. I love the new PAL terminal and the old one CX flies to is fine now it is less congested.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    I'm not saying that HK is the worst airport anywhere but I just don't think it's very good. Maybe I have been unlucky but after using it over a dozen times over the past 6 months or so I never look forward to going.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I think HK airport is awesome. Fast and frequent connections, rarely any queues and the e-gates make immigration a breeze. It is bright and open, never seems to have anything (lifts, trains, walkways) broken down and there are plenty of food and shops around.

I can't really think of a single negative thing about HK airport to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    In CDG which terminal did you take ? T2 E and F are great when the roof is not falling down on you, but T1 and T2 A (Cathay) is a nightmare. You have to start to queue outside the terminal to check-in.
    Honestly it was a couple of years ago for trips from UK to Paris for the Rugby Union World Cup & a few business trips. Never had a problem with falling down roofs / queing outside etc...

Point to point CDG isn't the worst in the world, but transferring there can be a nightmare...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast