Like Tree2Likes

US deficit...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Claire ex-axHmm... confused, when it was Bush who loaned GM $9.4 billion, not Obama.
    But Sleuth's comment about the unions and Obama is interesting; some people are saying that the unions are the reason Obama won't waive rules imposed by the Jones Act to bring in some of the world’s most advanced oil skimming ships from overseas to help in the Gulf.[/quote]

True, but it was the Obama administration that engineered to 'kinda sorta' special Chapter 11 bankruptcy during 2009 that left the US government and the unions in control and the 'legitimate' creditors out in the cold.

I would have to say that one of my chief beefs with Mr. Obama is his fondness for and reliance on labor unions. He is no "New Democrat" wrt the unions.

Jones Act - nonsense
    Perhaps Tony Hayward should go on the offensive and get a bunch these European spill clean up vessels and pay them to sit on the edge of the international boundary and ask Obama why his administration is not allowing the international community aid America (Similar to Burma?).

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Jones Act - nonsense
    Perhaps Tony Hayward should go on the offensive and get a bunch these European spill clean up vessels and pay them to sit on the edge of the international boundary and ask Obama why his administration is not allowing the international community aid America (Similar to Burma?).
    How about those American(ish) companies like Transocean (rig operator) and Haliburton (cementing the well) could dig into their pockets as well.

I don't think any of us have to think too hard why little appears to be going on in the way of a clean-up operation.

Who really runs the US? We all know it's the bankers, the oil companies and the Military Industrial Complex. I mean, come on: the BP CEO and Goldman sell shares in BP shortly before the spill and Halliburton just 'happens' to buy an oil spill clean-up company right before.

The longer the spill carries on the easier it will be to push through a Carbon Tax. Do excuse my cynicism.

Quote Originally Posted by shilo507:
    I mean, come on: the BP CEO and Goldman sell shares in BP shortly before the spill and Halliburton just 'happens' to buy an oil spill clean-up company right before.
    Any links to support your claims?

Quote Originally Posted by shilo507:
    I don't think any of us have to think too hard why little appears to be going on in the way of a clean-up operation.

Who really runs the US? We all know it's the bankers, the oil companies and the Military Industrial Complex. I mean, come on: the BP CEO and Goldman sell shares in BP shortly before the spill and Halliburton just 'happens' to buy an oil spill clean-up company right before.

The longer the spill carries on the easier it will be to push through a Carbon Tax. Do excuse my cynicism.
    If the bankers, oil companies and MIC are secretly running the US, why would they be in favor of a carbon tax??

And, despite his failings, I still think Obama is the greatest President of the 21st Century.
    Of course, the bar was set rather low and he isn't exactly flying over it.

In the interests of full disclosure, I am in a secret society and we really control the USA, as well as the UN and about 1/3 of the countries across the globe and we have not yet decided on the need for a carbon tax.
    Last edited by Sleuth; 22-06-2010 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    Conincidents happen.

Or......

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff:
    try this one:

Why Did Halliburton Buy an Oil Cleanup Company 8 Days Before the Oil Spill? : The Inspired Economist

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    In the interests of full disclosure, I am in a secret society and we really control the USA, as well as the UN and about 1/3 of the countries across the globe and we have not yet decided on the need for a carbon tax.
    Everyone knows the world is run by the Bilderberg group and that Obama is their puppet - I saw a DVD on it so it must be true.

My favourite quote by them when asked whether they were the secret government of the world was "if we are the government of the world we should be ashamed of ourselves".

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    If the bankers, oil companies and MIC are secretly running the US, why would they be in favor of a carbon tax??

And, despite his failings, I still think Obama is the greatest President of the 21st Century.
    Of course, the bar was set rather low and he isn't exactly flying over it.

Is that disclosure with a small or a capital D?

I did not mean to imply that a carbon tax would benefit the MIC. However, would it not benefit providers of other forms of renewable energy who would be on a more equal footing with the Rockerfeller oil factions?