Like Tree2Likes

India Commonwealth Games 2010

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    While I don't disagree that India's performance presents a sorry spectacle, it seems to me that a lot of the commentary here is a bit mean-spirited. I wonder if some of the commenters are Chinese who somehow view India as a rising threat and an implicit future competitor? Plus, they have that messy democracy thing (democracy, who needs it, ya know?). I wonder if a sense of competition is behind some of more gleeful comments...
    The only mean-spririted one I see here is an American trying to incite hatred/suspicions between Indians and Chinese. Even if there was a Chinese on this post criticizing India, what would be wrong with that as long as the criticism is based on facts and not ill wishes? I am usually pro U.S. but even I am a little sick of the U.S.'s active ally with other countries in the region against China kind of sentiment lately.

Oh, and both China and the U.S. deserve plenty of criticism in many areas, and I would not automatically assume anyone of different nationalities criticising them must be mean spirited.
    Last edited by paenme; 22-09-2010 at 08:54 PM.
    Skyhook likes this.

In the Lair of the Village Idiot's Apprenctice

There is a small matter of a false ceiling to add to the cockups. But my man Bhanot has been a source of hilarity since the start. Now he is getting his due

Lalit Bhanot has shamed India « The Dawn

You would get similar comments from the Indian media as well

The Peak / Czech Republic/ 36,000 ft in the air

Quote Originally Posted by AceOfSpades:
    Looks like some of them construction workers had the Dehli Belly, the 1st two photos looks like shit splattered everywhere. LOL

The Peak / Czech Republic/ 36,000 ft in the air
    Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    Looks like some of them construction workers had the Dehli Belly, the 1st two photos looks like shit splattered everywhere. LOL

LOL, Me thinks its most if not all of them stains on the sinks are from that crap they chew. Pan Masala I think it's called but not sure. Is a far more deplorable habit than smoking I would say.

It looks worse than some of the backpacker places in the pahagarnj i stayed at. India is a great place to live if you are a cow though.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Quote Originally Posted by Loz_2:
    It looks worse than some of the backpacker places in the pahagarnj i stayed at. India is a great place to live if you are a cow though.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Not anymore, cows are slaughtered in India as anywhere else...

"A spokesman for the Scottish team, Jon Doig said: "We are heartened that [Delhi chief minister] Sheila Dikshit has personally taken control of the situation and ensuring that the necessary additional resources are brought in"

Sheila has made a name for herself in this line of work.