wikileaks

Closed Thread

wikileaks

I am not a great fan of conspiracy theories (well I love reading them, just don't believe them) but this does seem a bit of a coincidence:

BBC News - Wikileaks founder Julian Assange accused of rape

Who knows whether it is true or not, although US intelligence organisations certainly have a long track record of doing things like that.

An interesting fact behind wikileaks is that it was "founded by Chinese dissidents, journalists, mathematicians and startup company technologists, from the US, Taiwan, Europe, Australia and South Africa." I think that it has always been blocked in China, and there are probably quite a few other countries that would like to block it.

My general feeling is that if a government or large organisation wants to keep something secret, it is for a bad reason, so the leaking of that information is overall beneficial for the public good.

And now bizarrely the warrant is withdrawn - this is all very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    And now bizarrely the warrant is withdrawn - this is all very strange.
    Yes. Warrant issued, he goes public says this is a stitch up, warrant withdrawn. If this was an attempt to frame him it was very poorly done.

Woman in Wikileaks rape 'smear' campaign speaks out
    Swedish news website Newzglobe.com named a woman in the scandal as Anna Ardin. Silicon Valley gossip site Valleywag said she was the political secretary and press officer of the Swedish "Brotherhood Movement", a group of Christians from the Social Democratic Party.

Some more information on the story from the Guardian.

It does not seem to have anything to do with a stitch up, with it appearing to be about Assange refusing to use a condom.

Sounds like a case of 'he said, she said' which means we'll never really know what happened. According to the Guardian the women claimed it was without their consent but then the charges were withdrawn - maybe the issue really was the condon.

Assange is such a arrogant prick, who believes the rules don't apply to him, I wouldn't be surprised by anything.

That is bizzarre. What happened to the day when a woman would just say no and be done with it.

This is a real cock up with his two female dalliances comparing notes and heading to the police.

Not sure "cock up" was the best phrase to use there

I hate these sorts of stories, how am I supposed to know whether to be angry with him or feel sorry for him? Life is so complicated.