Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By Claire ex-ax
  • 1 Post By hullexile
  • 4 Post By kjfarr

Reasons for not moving back to the UK

Headlines from today's Daily Mail ...

Mother of 10 living in three-bed council home demands TWO houses next door to each other 'because we need more room

Read more: Mother of ten in three-bed house wants council to give her two adjoining homes | Mail Online

Tracie Andrews stabbed her fiance to death. Now, 14 years on (and after £5k of NHS comestic surgery) she's out shopping

Read more: Tracie Andrews stabbed fiance to death. Now she's out shopping. | Mail Online

Tony Blair: I knew Gordon Brown would be a disaster
    Tony Blair: I knew Gordon Brown would be a disaster | Politics | The Guardian

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

I think that should read...

Quote Originally Posted by cow1201:

The Daily Mail ...
    ArKay, hullexile, kjfarr and 3 others like this.

tax ( to subsidise people who chooses not to work) and high crime levels are my reasons

Originally Posted by cow1201

People who believe what it says in The Daily Mail ...(Express, Sun, Mirror.....)

kjfarr likes this.

Just clicked on the link to the 'Mum of 10' story and, as usual, this is complete sensationalist bollocks by the Hate Mail, not that I'm in any way surprised.

A few points:

She is in housing association accommodation with a working partner. As such, they presumably pay rent on their property and are therefore perfectly entitled to request a larger place from the housing association that controls the area if they wish. She is also perfectly entitled to reject offers of unsuitable housing.

There is no mention of claiming any benefits paid for by the Mail's favourite mythical wronged everyman, 'The Taxpayer'. If she was on JSA the kids would be entitled to free school meals so again, her partner is working and so it would appear they are paying rent for their property.

3 of the kids are not hers. From what I can deduce, she has taken in children that would otherwise become the government's responsibility within the children's home / foster care system. This is to be commended, not least because she is, by opening her home to 3 unrelated kids, saving 'The Taxpayer' money.

Judging by the majority of recommended comments below the line, the moronic Mail readership would prefer the kids to grow up in cramped and unsuitable conditions in order to satisfy their hateful sense of moral superiority.

I really, really hate the Mail. It is sensationalist, rightwing, bigoted bile-spewing nonsense and its 'journalists' (in the loosest possible sense of the word) represent the worst sort of uninformed tabloid hackery.

Now excuse me while I go and kick some furniture around in a fury...

Last edited by kjfarr; 01-09-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    emmie, hullexile, ArKay and 1 others like this.

I think that the heading should read.

Mindless UK Gits

and you can replace UK with any other country you see fit.

See below for other reasons why not to move back to the US.

Death Row inmate wins ruling, then hangs self

My reasons for not moving back to the UK:

1. The weather
    2. Tax
    3. Insular morons who live there and know nothing about the outside world (I include a number of members of my own family in this category, as well as all the Daily Mail, Sun, Mirror and Express readers!)

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:

Originally Posted by cow1201

People who believe what it says in The Daily Mail ...(Express, Sun, Mirror.....)
    hey daily mail is a good read when you are bored!