Like Tree6Likes

Daylight - Chilean miners

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

After 69 days underground, the first miner, Florencio Avalos, has reached the surface safely.

The 32 others and the rescuer who went down to help them await their turn.

live on BBC.com

Nice! It should be a national holiday in Chile.

This is a marvelous moment for the miners and families (Well one family so far)!!!

Although, I have to say, when I was young there was an organisation called "International Rescue" who did much more complicated rescues with much less fuss

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Stoob, are you pulling my string?

There must be collective breath holding in Chile right now. I admit I didn't think those poor miners stood a chance back in August. But what a feat.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 13-10-2010 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    This is a marvelous moment for the miners and families (Well one family so far)!!!

Although, I have to say, when I was young there was an organisation called "International Rescue" who did much more complicated rescues with much less fuss
    But they would need very long strings on the puppets to get down the rescue shaft. Actually I seem to remember one of their vehicles had a big drill bit attached to the front so they could have done it in minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    But they would need very long strings on the puppets to get down the rescue shaft. Actually I seem to remember one of their vehicles had a big drill bit attached to the front so they could have done it in minutes.
    That would be "The Mole"!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Stoob, are you pulling my string?

There must be collective breath holding in Chile right now. I admit I didn't think those poor miners stood a chance back in August. But what a feat.
    Indeed, fingers crossed for the remaining 32 guys! I sincerely hope the celebrations and speeches have not been premature.

I like the way they have sent rescuers down who I guess will be last up so that one of the miners is not left down there on his own plus they can sort out any problems that occur. All involved do seem to have done an incredible job.

Freetrader likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    [pedant]It's unlike you not to notice that there isn't actually much daylight there at the moment![/pedant]

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast