Asian Games 2023

Asian Games 2023

Is coming to Hong Kong!!!

(Well not yet, but the HK government is going to waste lots of money to try and bring it to HK and then if they get it, they will probably spend many billions of dollars in building white elephants to the benefit of no-one apart those companies that have won the contracts to build said white elephants).

Waste is a matter of opinion... Many of the sporting facilities in HK are used extensively by the population however HK stadium is very much a white elephant so I guess it'll depend on the infrastructure built and the location.

These kinds of events also increase tourism and generate lots of revenues as well as giving young athletes a nice venue to perform. I'd rather see those come than the Rugby Seven drink fest with overpaid beasts who have plenty of venues to show themselves off and prance around.

I'd certainly prefer to see tax dollars encouraging athletes that often get far fewer financial rewards while doing as much work or more than those divas playing pro sports. Many of them managing to excel in their sports while studying or holding real jobs... I'll pay to go and encourage some of those but I'll never fork a dollar out for those overpaid divas...

i think its all good. hk stadium is under used because of the noise complaints from the residential neighbours.