Like Tree147Likes

Japan Earthquake & Pacific Tsunami

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Take the advice how you want, go ahead PDLM, get cancer for all I give a shit.
    Aren't you a little ray of sunshine...

Satellite Photos of Japan, Before and After the Quake and Tsunami

Satellite Photos - Japan Before and After Tsunami - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

And some more before and after photos.

ABC News: Japan Earthquake: before and after

Partial meltdown is fully contained. The type of radiation released has a half-life in minutes and there is no suggestion that the reactor core has been or will be breached. The control rods are fully inserted and there is no chance of the uranium or plutonium undergoing further fission... the current activity is the past byproducts of fission (caesium etc) which are continuing to react and heat the water.. this can take up to ten days to cease.

The winds are not going to be blowing radioactive material to Hong Kong.

MovingIn07 likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    No doubt. They are all on the same message here.

The Japanese guy (former news honcho) I was saying was criticizing their gov't for filtering news also noted too that the USA has a lot at stake here as it was allegedly their prodding that helped Japan decide to go nuclear (or so he says as I have no idea) to reduce the demands for oil etc.

The industry folks seem to be all saying the same things here as no doubt they don't want to set back the drive for nuclear power.

@theBrit... Fully agree that ONE coordinating news source is key here. My point was related to the telling the truth comments where I am saying only that some agencies such as health or this nuclear outfit should be able to get their messages out without the government filtering the message if it relates to safety.

One example is the Chief Medical Officer of Health - retired now - who in Vancouver took on the politicians on water safety standards, fought for safe needle injection sites and fought against AIDs discrimination (all things that some politicians at the time did not like. He'd contradict them if he believed they were wrong. The public loved and trusted him especially when it came to SARS - Van had no problems...Toronto had a bit of a mess. Van looked world class and Toronto look liked asses.
    Last edited by Football16; 14-03-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Cesium 137 has a half life of 30 years, get your head outta your ass.
    The caesium byproduct of uranium is still contained within the unbreached core. A very small amount was released (along with iodine) with the controlled venting of steam from the core but the background radiation levels were not at a level posing a risk to human health - even next to the reactor. I am not sure why you think it will be a danger thousands of miles away.

Really? Where you getting this information from? Space aliens? Everything I have read thus far is that they have to continously vent steam to keep the containment from blowing up due to pressure. They pump in seawater, it vaporizes, then they pump in more. Its going to go on for months as per experts.

If the background radiation levels were not a threat, why did they enlarge the evacuation area? Aerial sampling of radiation is showing increasing levels of radioactivity.
    I am getting it from many sources. Here is one example:

http://bravenewclimate.com/2011/03/1...le-explanation
    virago, Football16 and PDLM like this.

Just curious, why is the bravenewclimate a credible news and science source over other? Have not heard of it (like most of the sources quoted here...). Was it just something you found while googling around or is it on your daily reading list?

Not playing my blog is better than yours ... here's one more source.

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/sh...s-through.html

Last edited by shri; 14-03-2011 at 03:44 PM.
    HongKongFoot likes this.

In theBrit's link - not sure what this writer thinks this guy's dad has to do with this - but interesting and proves the point to some extent that this type of news should be written by freaking official experts and those in the know so HKFoot and Mike Lowery can feel more at ease!

A Cabinet minister hardly qualifies. I am sure the technical experts are busy but they need someone who knows this and who is close to provide better guidance. That is how it is done normally in a disaster - one that does not become a communications disaster consultants next bad case scenario.

-------------

There was and will *not* be any significant release of radioactivity. In theBrit's link.

But didn't Bill Clinton look right into the camera and say: I did not have sex with that woman... Monica....

Last edited by Football16; 14-03-2011 at 03:54 PM.

Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast