Like Tree147Likes

Japan Earthquake & Pacific Tsunami

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Just curious, why is the bravenewclimate a credible news and science source over other? Have not heard of it (like most of the sources quoted here...). Was it just something you found while googling around or is it on your daily reading list?

Not playing my blog is better than yours ... here's one more source.

Short Sharp Science: Japanese nuclear crisis spreads to two more plants
    It explains all the facts, it ties in with all the official news reports, it explains everything that has happened and it also gels with my personal understanding of how nuclear power stations work.

Nothing in the New Scientist blog seems to contradict the explanation in the link I posted either.

This site says these are more than just injuries - deaths of workers too. It is very sad that these same people are back at it after that first explosion knowing how bad the risks were and still are. Must be horrible for their families knowing that their loved one is in such a dangerous spot right now.

http://www.world-nuclear-news.org/RS...s_1203111.html

Workers

A seriously injured worker was trapped within Fukushima Daiichi unit 1 in the crane operating console of the exhaust stack and is now confirmed to have died. Four workers were injured by the explosion at the same reactor and have been taken to hospital. A contractor was found unconscious and taken to hospital.

Two workers of a 'cooperative firm' were injured, said Tepco; one with a broken bone. A Tepco employee who was unable to stand and grasping his left chest was taken to hospital.

At Fukushima Daiini unit 3 one worker received a radiation dose of 106 mSv. This is a notable dose, but comparable to levels deemed acceptable in emergency situations by some national nuclear safety regulators.

The whereabout of two Tepco workers remains unknown.

Researched and written

by World Nuclear News

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    But didn't Bill Clinton look right into the camera and say: I did not have sex with that woman... Monica....
    I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky. Bill Clinton

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Why don't you go and post on a topic you actually know something about rather than trolling us.
    HKFoot does not like direct facts getting in the way of a good argument. A good example is here on the US tax system (another conspiracy)

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/1...d163631-5.html

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Surging water knocked dozens of boats from their docks, both in Crescent City and on California's central coast in Santa Cruz, where loose fishing vessels crashed into one another and chunks of wooden docks broke off.

"This is just devastating. I never thought I'd see this again," said Ted Scott, a retired mill worker who lived in Crescent City when a 1964 tsunami killed 17 people on the West Coast, including 11 in his town...

... about 30 boats were damaged at the harbor in Crescent City.
    I thought the damage in Japan was devastating, guess it depends on one's perspective.

At a time when we see the best of humanity with rescue teams from around the world descending on Japan to help, we also see the very worst. Not something I will post here, but I was sent a selection of messages which were posted on Farcebook claiming the earthquake and tsunami were (somehow) "payback" for Pearl Harbor (sic). WTF? What kind of sick bastards post along the lines of "yeah! serves them right"?
    Football16 and MovingIn07 like this.

>> What kind of sick bastards post along the lines of "yeah! serves them right"?

Dunno, not condoning it, but like you said, depends on one's perspective. Lots of people were killed, families wiped out during many a war.

...Lots of people were killed, families wiped out during many a war.
    C'maaan.

That may be so, but the participants of the war are either already dead or almost dead. The people who died as a result of the quake or tsunami had very little say in carrying out that war, or weren't even around at the time. To say "good, the Japanese are being killed today because of the atrocities that they committed in WWII" is Renotommy-esque.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    >> What kind of sick bastards post along the lines of "yeah! serves them right"?

Dunno, not condoning it, but like you said, depends on one's perspective. Lots of people were killed, families wiped out during many a war.
    The perspective remark was for the man who felt that 10 boats being destroyed in the US was "devastating".

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    .... I was sent a selection of messages which were posted on Farcebook claiming the earthquake and tsunami were (somehow) "payback" for Pearl Harbor (sic). WTF? What kind of sick bastards post along the lines of "yeah! serves them right"?
    I've also read comments of how its 'payback' for all the whales they kill

Quote Originally Posted by London2HK:
    I've also read comments of how its 'payback' for all the whales they kill
    The some of the devastated areas were big production locations for shark's fin also.

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast