Like Tree147Likes

Japan Earthquake & Pacific Tsunami

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

There is a lot of activity around Japan - check out the magnitudes and the numbers and locations here:

Japan Meteorological Agency | Earthquake Information

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongFoot:
    Ask Shri for location of my IP address, it will show I am not in HK dipshit.
    That explain why in most of your post about Hong Kong you seem to have no clue !
    Loz_2 and bdw like this.

I don't understand why you guys are trying to paint HongKongFoot as a crazy conspiracy theorist. All he said was people shouldn't trust the Japanese officials completely (TEPCO does have a history of falsifying safety records), and to spend 20 bucks on KI just in case you need it. If he was going around telling people not to trust the Japanese officials at all, and that the US had caused the earthquake with HAARP or whatever, then you could put a tinfoil hat on his head.

Jesus Christ, are we so used to authorities telling us what to do that we can't think for ourselves? Some mainstream TV channels in America are beginning to question the validity of the info released by the Japanese. Are they conspiracy theorists as well?

The Japanese officials are facing a huge battle trying to prevent SIX nuclear reactors from melting down. Being concerned with the situation at hand doesn't mean we have little faith in their ability, it's just that some think no country in the world are equipped to deal with it. Trying to keep 1 or 2 reactors from melting down is hard enough, trying to keep 6 from doing so is even harder, it's a crisis we've never seen before. So if you think it's batsh!t crazy to spend 20 bucks on KI tabs -a drug with little to no side effects even if you mistakenly took it- when you go past a pharmacist on the way to work, then so be it.

Last edited by MikeLowrey; 15-03-2011 at 01:02 AM.

That's crazy. The Japanese people today shouldn't pay for what the last generation did.

Last edited by MikeLowrey; 15-03-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Good article in the Wall Street Journal

William Tucker: Japan Does Not Face Another Chernobyl - WSJ.com

jaykay likes this.

Japan quake upgraded to 9.0 magnitude

Agence France-Presse
    First Posted 06:36:00 03/15/2011

Filed Under: Earthquake, Science & Technology, tsunami
    WASHINGTON—US experts on Monday upgraded the strength of the earthquake which rocked Japan last week from a magnitude of 8.9 to 9.0, making it the fourth largest in the world since 1900.

Japan's TEPCO evacuates staff from nuke reactor

Agence France-Presse

Late Monday TEPCO said fuel rods at the number-two reactor were almost fully exposed after a cooling pump there temporarily failed.

I don't think there is a need to attack or name call.

I do think the Lowrey's and HKFoot's of the world are typical of that element of all countries that will panic even if they don't need to. There are all types in this world and the nervous Nellies they too have their place on the planet.

Shri posted a story of the run in Finland on iodine. How utterly stupid and selfish if you think there will be a disaster - why not let those supplies go to those who need them?

How Hong Kong could be affected in the worst case scenario seems to defy common sense here but hey who knows maybe the earth will rotate the other way next week or turn upside down and we'll all be screwed.

What I am waiting for is the first story to come out saying that this is the worst case scenario that could ever happen and this proves that nuclear power in the right place and situation is safe. It will come. There are those in that industry working on that now as there is much at stake if you are in that industry.

Bloomberg showed a map of 54 nuclear facilities in Japan producing 30% of their energy needs.
    In an earthquake zone that is one honking lot of facilities.

As I read this stuff - and not reading it carefully - there is no chance of a Chernobyl disaster here even in a melt down.

Last edited by Football16; 15-03-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Gazer:
    Late Monday TEPCO said fuel rods at the number-two reactor were almost fully exposed after a cooling pump there temporarily failed.
    The "temporary failure" was apparently human error. Some bozo forgot to check the fuel guage on the pump, left it unattended, and it ran out of fuel. Its hard to fathom such "Homer Simpson" level of incompetence considering whats at stake here and the eyes of the world are watching. Its not very reassuring that TEPCO are on top of the situation.

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast