Like Tree147Likes

Japan Earthquake & Pacific Tsunami

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by asianfever:
    Three reactors in Fukushima #1 plant have blown up, exploded. That means they have become uncontrolled, temperature wise. Meltdown is now fait a'ccompli. reactor #4 is on fire, which was caused by extremely high temperature used fuel rods located in the roof storage area to become exposed from its liquid bath, and now emitting radioactive isotopes freely into the atmosphere.
    Potassium Iodide, anyone?
    --
    I am expecting HK property values to begin to fall; and I won't be much interested until things settle at about 50% of what they are now. Until then, folks, enjoy your imminent black rain and radioactive wind.
    --
    I myself am off to a much safer, cleaner and nuclear-free area of the planet. Enjoy!
    Who let George out?

So that meant on Tuesday afternoon, people in Fukushima were absorbing double the annual dose of radiation every hour?

I am expecting HK property values to begin to fall; and I won't be much interested until things settle at about 50% of what they are now.
    --
    I myself am off to a much safer, cleaner and nuclear-free area of the planet. Enjoy!
    - 1. care to share your analysis?
    - 2. care to share where?

I love clowns.
    climber07 likes this.

Non British version

Three reactors in Fukushima #1 plant have blown up, exploded. That means they have become uncontrolled, temperature wise. Meltdown is now fait a'ccompli. reactor #4 is on fire, which was caused by extremely high temperature used fuel rods located in the roof storage area to become exposed from its liquid bath, and now emitting radioactive isotopes freely into the atmosphere.
    Potassium Iodide, anyone?
    --
    I am expecting HK property values to begin to fall; and I won't be much interested until things settle at about 50% of what they are now. Until then, folks, enjoy your imminent black rain and radioactive wind.
    --
    Now this is about the dumbest prediction ever.

Property values falling in HK. Laughable. Prices do correct but not due to Japan's situation.

If you live in HK you have far more risk of pollution killing you or dying in a mini-bus or taxi than from Japan's radiation.

There are investment fund managers who only Japan companies who by tomorrow will be out of cash and fully invested as they were buying under valued companies with revenues and with the margin calls in the Japan market drop are filling up with companies in sectors that will boom again soon.
    Last edited by Football16; 16-03-2011 at 03:59 PM.

35 years ago, Mark 1 Nuclear Reactor Design used at Fukushima Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest

Fukushima: Mark 1 Nuclear Reactor Design Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest - ABC News

Now some of those who quit or retired are going back in to risk their lives to save the city, very noble people. Can't say the same thing about those GE and TEPCO executives though.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLowrey:
    35 years ago, Mark 1 Nuclear Reactor Design used at Fukushima Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest

Fukushima: Mark 1 Nuclear Reactor Design Caused GE Scientist To Quit In Protest - ABC News

Now some of those who quit or retired are going back in to risk their lives to save the city, very noble people. Can't say the same thing about those GE and TEPCO executives though.
    Did you make it past the first page of your own link? The second page outlines where he says he believes they retrofitted the plants to cope with his concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Did you make it past the first page of your own link? The second page outlines where he says he believes they retrofitted the plants to cope with his concerns.
    Did you read the third paragraph?

When asked if that was sufficient, he paused. "What I would say is, the Mark 1 is still a little more susceptible to an accident that would result in a loss of containment."
    And it doesn't change the fact that the execs went ahead building those plants when they knew the designs were faulty. And it does NOT take anything away from those brave men who have chosen to come out of retirement to risk their lives for their country.
    Last edited by MikeLowrey; 17-03-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Thoughts are with the Fukushima 50, good luck you brave souls.

Radiation Levels 6,600 Times Normal 20km Away from Fukushima N-Plant - JIJI PRESS

Radiation Levels 6,600 Times Normal 20km Away from Fukushima N-Plant

Tokyo, March 16 (Jiji Press)--Radiation levels about 6,600 times normal were detected on Tuesday at a place 20 kilometers away from a nuclear power plant at the center of Japan's nuclear crisis, the science ministry said Wednesday.

Radiation levels reached 195 to 330 microsieverts per hour in the Fukushima Prefecture town of Namie in radiation monitoring activities for about 10 minutes from 8:40 p.m. Tuesday (11:40 a.m. GMT), the ministry said.

The town is about 20 kilometers away from the earthquake-hit Fukushima No. 1 nuclear power plant of Tokyo Electric Power Co. <9501>, the ministry said.

On Tuesday, the government advised residents within 30 kilometers from the nuclear plant to stay indoors.

The ministry reported the results of its radiation monitoring activities to the government's disaster management task force.

Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast