Like Tree147Likes

Japan Earthquake & Pacific Tsunami

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    LMAO. Salt and iodine are equally effective for the radiation levels in Hong Kong. Neither is of any use whatsoever for protection against imaginary radiation.

At least those buying salt will actually have a practical use for it. Those buying iodine tablets just waste their money.
    I laughed at friends who ran around buying up Tamiflu but then I realized that they were much happier as a result. It may be money wasted to you (and me) but the purchase makes them feel better by thinking they are in control of their situation.

HC

I bought insurance too in case my apartment has a fire, even though it's very unlikely that would ever happen because I'm very careful with my electronics, but it gives me peace of mind over my possessions . $20 is a very small price to pay when it comes to my health.

Last edited by MikeLowrey; 18-03-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    A well written Fukushima vs Chernobyl article:

Five lessons from Fukushima by Rob Lyons | spiked

HC
    Excellent article.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLowrey:
    . $20 is a very small price to pay when it comes to my health.
    What other ludicrous panicked extremes do you do to protect you against 1 in a million chances?

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    Which we have - go to that person's profile and click "Add to Ignore List"
    Ah, indeed we do. Thanks for pointing that out.

In all these years I did not think I would need this function on Geoexpat, but the trolling activity and other non-sense has really picked up recently.

1 in a million? Don't be ridiculous. The odds weren't even that high before the earthquake. Keep digging that hole....

Quote Originally Posted by MikeLowrey:
    1 in a million? Don't be ridiculous. The odds weren't even that high before the earthquake. Keep digging that hole....
    Click, ignore. Welcome to my list with gilleshk, Moving07 and Skyhook. You are in illustrious company now!

Click, ignore. Welcome to my list with gilleshk, Moving07 and Skyhook. You are in illustrious company now!
    Oh no, I'm shattered, how could you?!

Do you always act like that? Nitpick to start an argument and then run off when you're made to look like a retard?

I can't believe I got pestered for 4 DAYS over how I spent 20 bucks. Seriously, you're sounding like a little b!tch right now. OMG, just let it go. Even after I explained that it was a very small amount to pay for peace of mind, you still wouldn't let it go.
    Last edited by MikeLowrey; 18-03-2011 at 01:58 PM.
    HongKongFoot and Skyhook like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Excellent article.
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    A well written Fukushima vs Chernobyl article:

Five lessons from Fukushima by Rob Lyons | spiked

HC
    After that article I am going to buy some bargain shares in uranium miners!

Hey, can you do that click, ignore thing with me as well.
    I find your replies to my posts to be annoying, condesending and generally a waste of time. It would be really nice if you never replied to anything I wrote. I would feel so much better being in the company of Moving and Skyhook.

HC

Page 29 of 34 FirstFirst ... 21 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast