Like Tree147Likes

Japan Earthquake & Pacific Tsunami

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Someone send me this vid earlier. Two retards playing Black Ops during the Quake.

That is funny.

There is a translation on you tube:

It’s so huge! Hey wait wait wait wait wait.
    (0:34) This is Bad. x5 It’s so Huge.
    (0:50) Hey wait. It’s so huge! *Laughs* This is huge. Even though this is a huge earthquake I can't stop playing FPS (first person shooting) It’s Huge. Huge This is bad, it is really huge. Uwa, Huge. It’s really huge. *Laughs* Huge.
    (1:06) This is really huge. But seriously, I can't stop playing FPS.
    (1:09) *Laughs* I can't stop playing. Hold on my PC is about to fall.Hold on, wait. The Pc is going to really fall. This is not good for me if the PC falls over.
    (1:23) *Wins Match*
    (1:47) It started to die down. It’s getting fine. Let me open the window. Ahh... besides that. My mother is outside. It’s so huge. Some guy outside: Ahaha Everyone is outside.(2:39) *laughs* Well, let’s get back playing FPS.
    (2:46) God... God still haven't abandoned me Tokyo must have a greater earthquake. For a moment I thought this was serious.

Don't know if this has been mentioned here (didn't read the whole thread) but according to my colleague there are emails and articles going around the chinese interwebs saying that the Japanese caused the earthquake by testing a nuclear weapon at sea. And that the radiation level at sea was higher than at the nuclear plant forcing the U.S. navy to move away.

Crazy I know, but my colleagues seem to take it seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by ewankho:
    Don't know if this has been mentioned here (didn't read the whole thread) but according to my colleague there are emails and articles going around the chinese interwebs saying that the Japanese caused the earthquake by testing a nuclear weapon at sea. And that the radiation level at sea was higher than at the nuclear plant forcing the U.S. navy to move away.

Crazy I know, but my colleagues seem to take it seriously.
    That is a great conspiracy theory story - a movie plot perhaps. Just like the religious zealots who come out after natural disasters and claim that it is the Godlessness that is causing these events. There was one in Japan who did this.

I read a story in the WSJ I think it was that said the foreigners who disappeared for a few days moving out of Tokyo were not being looked upon nicely by their coworkers. It seems they did not like their dedication to family and safety versus loyalty to the company and their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    That is a great conspiracy theory story - a movie plot perhaps. Just like the religious zealots who come out after natural disasters and claim that it is the Godlessness that is causing these events. There was one in Japan who did this.

I read a story in the WSJ I think it was that said the foreigners who disappeared for a few days moving out of Tokyo were not being looked upon nicely by their coworkers. It seems they did not like their dedication to family and safety versus loyalty to the company and their jobs.
    I've heard that same theory from a reasonably well-educated, intelligent friend. The theory goes that the US has given Japan a nuclear weapon, and the Japanese screwed up and set it off, which is why the US aircraft carrier got out of dodge. Absolutely insane, but it seems to tie into a lot the paranoia about American and Japan that is common here (irrespective of the fact that both nations are generally admired by the Chinese). When I pointed out that the Japanese didn't have nuclear weapons and had sworn never to develop them, I was informed that "well, of course that's what they want you to think, but America needs to give nukes to Japan to keep rising China in check" or words to that effect. You can get people to believe anything (we never went to the moon, remember?).

As far as the folks in Japan are concerned, most of my gaijin friends did exactly the same thing. I am in no position to judge, but in areas like Tokyo that aren't particually effected, I would have thought it would be a nice gesture to hang in their with your collegues. But, having kids changing the risk/reward calculation for people.

I have a friend who had booked a holiday in Tokyo (I guess for Easter). He's currently asking around his friends to find out if he should go. I struggle to figure out why you'd even ask, but worse, a huge number of the (not based in Asia) friends are saying things like "no way", "you'll die" or other such stupid comments. Still alot of ignorance out there.

Plenty of reasons not to go to Tokyo - we have postponed our trip. Radiation is not an issue, but the threat of rolling blackouts, reduced train services and lots of places remaining shut could impact ones enjoyment. Disneyland is shut, many department stores are operating reduced hours and restaurants are also operating well below capacity, suffering from both supply & demand issues.

Quite a lot of ignorance out there it seems on what conditions are currently like. Not unsafe by any means, but not normal by any stretch of the imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    reduced train services and lots of places remaining shut could impact ones enjoyment. Disneyland is shut, many department stores are operating reduced hours and restaurants are also operating well below capacity, suffering from both supply & demand issues.

Sounds like Easter holidays in most of Europe. Doesn't necessarily detract from the holiday depending on what your purpose for a visit is.

By the way, for someone who supposedly has me on IGNORE, you sure know alot about my posts.
    Last edited by MovingIn07; 01-04-2011 at 09:48 AM.
    virago likes this.

Keep reveling in your ignorance M07.

I was scheduled for a holiday in Tokyo two weeks ago but changed it to Malaysia instead purely because of the travel agent's concerns about the transportation delays and water supply issues. If that wasn't a problem I'd happily go to help pump some tourist dollars into the Jap economy.
    It seems that my holiday timing is always crap. I was scheduled to go to NYC on 13 Sept 2001 . Had my holiday to Cairo scheduled the week the riots went ape shit.

Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 LastLast