Like Tree62Likes

rape, assault and murder

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    On that basis, how will they remember news reports either?
    As opposed to what? "Information" can mean news report - which was in fact my point: regardless where the information comes from a drunk person would probably not remember, so in praxis it makes no difference if you know or don't.

I am not saying the information shouldn't be given out, but if you want to stay alert and vigilant then perhaps it's better not to get drunk in the first place. Then the information might prove useful for you.
    Last edited by Raccon; 14-11-2011 at 06:09 PM.

Tell that to muggsy bogues. You racist animal! YET AGAIN dreadnought comes into a thread spouting his racial hatred of all things small. When will it end people?!

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:

If I was a drunk girl who liked stumbling round in LKF
    Describe looks
    justjoe86 and Dreadnought like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Alright, common sense time.
    Here is a newsflash to all the potential-drunk LKF girls and boys : please dont leave a drinking area of a city stumbling & drunk and walk in the dimly lit streets of any city. No matter how safe the city may sound, there is a chance, however small, that someone might see you and attack you as you will be in a very vulnerable disposition.
    Leave with a friend or take a taxi for your own safety.

Should we put up signs in LKF to let everyone know about this stuff? Should we put up such signs in every drinking establishment just in case people forget?

You dont need to know there was 2 attacks in Sheungwan in January. You dont need to know there were 6 incidents the year before and 16 the year before that. Its just common sense. Having police or the papers report this kind of stuff every time it happens will not make things any better.
    (I made up the numbers for arguments sake)
    Here's another warning for all tubby white horny men visiting any Asian red light districts: do not leave your drink unattended at a bar run by criminals/exploiters and engaging in criminal activites. And don't go alone to a hotel room with a stranger no matter how pretty she may be as her pimp/gang maybe following behind to rob and do other undesirable things.

Maybe the police shouldn't have put any warnings in this case either. It's just common sense.
    Last edited by Ramdom; 14-11-2011 at 09:02 PM.

If people are discouraged from reporting (police, family, friends) how accurate can the numbers be?

One estimate I saw (from local academics based on surveys) put the real number of sexual offences at 12,500 per year and that approx 1 in 11 women in HK will suffer sexual assault in their lifetime.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7