Like Tree139Likes

Bin Laden Found Dead?

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    But have you already organised/ordered (not just supported) mass-killings in the USA which have already been carried out?
    Does that matter?
    For the sake of argument, lets say yes. I have supported (with $$$) and with words/speeches and also ordered by Fatwa that killings be carried out.

Does that make it legal for US soldiers to come to my house in Happy Valley Hong Kong and kill me?

HC
    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 04-05-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    That does make it legal for US soldiers to come to my house in Happy Valley Hong Kong and kill me?

HC
    OK, so you live in Happy Valley....hmmm

Legal? No idea. Right? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Are you for real? You are clearly living in a different world than I do and I dont have the patience to try to educate you regarding the reasons western governments go to war.

A small hint : it has nothing to do with women, children, the weak or any other selfless reason. It has all todo with selfish self interest. Hence the reason the coalition chased invisible WMD in oil-rich Iraq and didnt lift a toe for the suffering that went on in Darfur.

HC
    Yawn...I have heard your kind all too often. Let me extend my analogy since that is the only way you can understand:

A couple of children are beaten to death and held at knife point by their drunken dad. The mom, helpless to do anything herself, turns to three neighbors for help. Neighbor A jumps in to help expecting nothing in return. Neighbor B sympathizes but only helps after you pay him $10,000. Neighbor C condemns the dad's act, but even with reward offered decided his own life is too precious to be put at risk or it is "domestic/internal affairs" and declined to do anything. There is no argument here that A is the most commandable, but between B and C, at least the former does somthing to help albeit with an economic interest in mind. What has C contributed to this whole situation, other than whining and moaning about B's motivation?

Why do you insist on holding the west to the highest saintly (Neighbor A) standards before you are willing to give them any credit? What is so wrong with helping others and fighting wars where you not only help the innocent but also gain a bit of benefit for yourselves? After all, wars are very costly, your own lives are precious also, and the leaders need to justify somewhat to the citizens. Are you cynical because you are that neighbor C who's desperately trying to justify your own cowardice and inaction?
    TheBrit and Dreadnought like this.

Quote Originally Posted by paenme:
    Weren't you complaining about US involvement overseas? The taking out of Saddam, Hitler and the like?

The children analogy is only to help you better evaluate your morality standards, the innocents and helpless citizens of any country are no different than the helpless children in any households.
    Hitler was taken out by the US?

I'm with others on here, it was almost certainly illegal but justified. You can't send troops into another country uninvited and top someone. Definitely not polite. However, my understanding of American law is limited to watching American movies and in those the baddies are never arrested just blasted to hell. Always. Guess it is down to the lack of money there, can't afford the trials and the prisons.
    drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by paenme:
    Yawn...I have heard your kind all too often. Let me extend my analogy since that is the only way you can understand:
    Sorry, still dont understand. How about you stop writing anologies and spit out what you are really trying to say?

HC

I agree with everyone's posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Legal? No idea. Right? Yes.
    for the sake or arguing, define 'Right"

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Hitler was taken out by the US?

I'm with others on here, it was almost certainly illegal but justified. You can't send troops into another country uninvited and top someone. Definitely not polite. However, my understanding of American law is limited to watching American movies and in those the baddies are never arrested just blasted to hell. Always. Guess it is down to the lack of money there, can't afford the trials and the prisons.
    Correctamundo.

Were you really exiled from Ull? Errr nerr. Worrabout Bev Rerd or Prinny Av?

Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 28 ... LastLast