Like Tree139Likes

Bin Laden Found Dead?

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    for the sake or arguing, define 'Right"
    She means moral and she's correct, notwithstanding my view that OBL had very gentle eyes.
    Satay Sue and Freetrader like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    for the sake or arguing, define 'Right"
    As in "the right thing to do".

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    Sorry, still dont understand. How about you stop writing anologies and spit out what you are really trying to say?

HC
    Seems to me you are losing the argument and running out of things to say. Case closed.

Oh, by the way, neither of neighbor A or neighbor B's act would have been legal. Another great excuse for you (neighbor C). Best to watch the kids die than breaking the law.
    Last edited by paenme; 04-05-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    TheBrit and Dreadnought like this.

Paenme, with rizzpeck I am lost. Are you saying Pakistanis, Iraqis etc are the equivalent to children with USA being an adult in comparison? Seems a little patronising to me.

Quote Originally Posted by paenme:
    Seems to me you are losing the argument and running out of things to say. Case closed.

Oh, by the way, neither of neighbor A or neighbor B's act would have been legal. Another great excuse for you (neighbor C). Best to watch the kids die than breaking the law.
    I guess this means that your support vigilantes enforcing the law as they see fit...

If you want to use a simple minded analogy to analyze very complex problems, let's look at some scenarios. Neighbor B might help himself to a few things in the house at the same time or decide to bomb the house inadvertently killing one child, perhaps kill the attacker but rape the woman. Or maybe he decides to torture and kill the attacker instead of trying to defuse the situation peacefully because he really has no clue on how to resolve the situation and didn't know much about the dispute...

Loosen up guys, looks like you all have bin laden with too much work...

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Loosen up guys, looks like you all have bin laden with too much work...
    Booowahahaha. You are on a roll gunsnroses today. A genuine funnyman

Quote Originally Posted by paenme:
    You are right, I'm at a loss for words....

HC

Quote Originally Posted by gilleshk:
    I guess this means that your support vigilantes enforcing the law as they see fit...

If you want to use a simple minded analogy to analyze very complex problems, let's look at some scenarios. Neighbor B might help himself to a few things in the house at the same time or decide to bomb the house inadvertently killing one child, perhaps kill the attacker but rape the woman. Or maybe he decides to torture and kill the attacker instead of trying to defuse the situation peacefully because he really has no clue on how to resolve the situation and didn't know much about the dispute...
    Sounds like more of neighbor C's pathetic excuses...

No hostile situations are ever simple, however small the scales are. A good intention can frequently turn into bad results due to uncontrolled factors. However these are not excuses for inaction. So you would just sit on the sideline and watch millions of people murdered when you know you have the ability to stop the agressors?

I hope people like you are in the minority and that there are more good brave samaritans that will at least attempt good deeds (remember they are risking their lives as well) albeit with some personal economic interest in mind.
    Last edited by paenme; 04-05-2011 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    So, let me get this straight:
    1) If a person (not a nation, but a person) declares war on the USA [I Howard Coombs, resident of Hong Kong declare war against the Americans occupying the land of the two holy places]

2) And that person supports others who harm and work toward killing USA citizens [Paypal donation completed]

3) And that person hides in his home with weapons [My knives are being sharpened in Happy Valley by my helpers as I write this note and I will never surrender]

You believe that the US government has the legal right to send US soldiers to come and kill me here in lovely Happy Valley, Hong Kong SAR?

HC
    I am very impressed by the devotion of your helpers. Where did you find them? I must be have used the wrong agency.

If the Government of Hong Kong SAR invites the US Navy Seals in, yes.

Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 29 ... LastLast