Like Tree139Likes

Bin Laden Found Dead?

Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    That's a good headline but the article doesn't elaborate on what that particular quote means. I'm not sure what the US is supposed to "learn" from Pakistan.
    I would ignore that headline, it's nothing but the usual eye-ball grabbing trick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    You have no way of knowing they didn't seek permission. I pointed this out earlier, let you choose to ignore it. Just because they have said they didn't seek permission doesn't mean they didn't seek permission. It may be politically expedient not to link the Pakistani government to this - if you followed the discussions across the world this view has been widely aired.

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

You'll probably never know either.
    I think we do know that Pakistan was not involved. Pakistan says so and how many US officials have to stand up as they are doing and denounce Pakistan (Brennan) for their complicity in Bin Laden being safely there for what must be years or Leon Pannetta, Head of CIA saying they didn't dare tell the Pakistanis for fear they'd alert the target.

If Bin Laden knew they were coming maybe they could have left and booby trappred the place with land mines for the choppers and men in the compound and set bombs in the house that could be triggered easily upon entry. No sensible American leader would send troops into that situation.

The irony of some calling for Bin Laden and an autopsy like homicides in the USA is laughable in the sense that it is pretty clear they shot the sh$t out of him and some others and left quickly as they knew that they had to get out of Pakistan before they were caught.

This was well planned in evading radar via dead spots in mountains as well as the surprise element.

An autopsy would show very little and there is no way the Americans would now surrender their weapons or their assault team for matching who did what to which victim or to subject them to questioning by police.

The US do not subscribe to the International Criminal Court anyway and they have pacts with over 100 nations that ensure these folks cannot be turned over to the ICC.

I think it is debatable as the most they could ever try Osama for would be conspiracy which is the hardest charge of any to prove - although in Osama's case they have lots of video on this. A trial for this f..ktard would not be something I'd recommend the US to get into as a real US criminal trial for conspiracy on the 911 incidents would be very hard to prove as is the case with any conspiracy.

They need tapes of A telling B to engage in this criminal activity and I suspect the only tape on Osama is from Al Jazeera news feeds. Hardly a good case.

Kill would be the only instruction I' d give and get out fast or you risk engaging the Pakistan air force.
    luckycat and Freetrader like this.

Quote Originally Posted by stuff4expats:
    I think he died of natural causes personally.
    You know this wouldn't actually suprise me given all the lies, retractions that is going on.
    It could well be that he died a long time ago... but because Obama wants an exit strategy from Aghanistan, he needed a reason.
    The elections are coming up in 2012 and maybe... just maybe he needs something to boost his ratings.. as the man who took out No.1 enemy and also created the withdraw of forces from Afghanistan.... all consipracy theories of course but there are ceratin things very puzzling.

1) How did Osama Bin Laden stay undetected in this house for such a long time considering that he required dyalisis and this was a military town... wasn't he supposed to be ill?
    2) How come a major Dr.No figure and the world's most wanted man was surrounded by one a couple of bodyguards, his wifes and kids?
    3) How did the stories of firefights until the end, human shields and images of heavily armed rambos suddenly change within a few days? Weren't the same people watching the same movie? We heard that the President and his team were following "minute by minute" then in that case.. someone was lying.
    4) Why did over 24 heavily armed and highly trained commandos fell the need to take out an ill and unarmed geriatric?
    5) His daughter said he was captured and executed... "What really happened?"
    6) Did or did Pakistan know anything about this operation?
    7) Why did the US forces scarper with the body and not simply wait for local Pakistan authorities?.. they were not on hostile land given that Pakistan are their allies....??

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    I think we do know that Pakistan was not involved. Pakistan says so and how many US officials have to stand up as they are doing and denounce Pakistan (Brennan) for their complicity in Bin Laden being safely there for what must be years or Leon Pannetta, Head of CIA saying they didn't dare tell the Pakistanis for fear they'd alert the target.

If Bin Laden knew they were coming maybe they could have left and booby trappred the place with land mines for the choppers and men in the compound and set bombs in the house that could be triggered easily upon entry. No sensible American leader would send troops into that situation.

The irony of some calling for Bin Laden and an autopsy like homicides in the USA is laughable in the sense that it is pretty clear they shot the sh$t out of him and some others and left quickly as they knew that they had to get out of Pakistan before they were caught.

This was well planned in evading radar via dead spots in mountains as well as the surprise element.

An autopsy would show very little and there is no way the Americans would now surrender their weapons or their assault team for matching who did what to which victim or to subject them to questioning by police.

The US do not subscribe to the International Criminal Court anyway and they have pacts with over 100 nations that ensure these folks cannot be turned over to the ICC.

I think it is debatable as the most they could ever try Osama for would be conspiracy which is the hardest charge of any to prove - although in Osama's case they have lots of video on this. A trial for this f..ktard would not be something I'd recommend the US to get into as a real US criminal trial for conspiracy on the 911 incidents would be very hard to prove as is the case with any conspiracy.

They need tapes of A telling B to engage in this criminal activity and I suspect the only tape on Osama is from Al Jazeera news feeds. Hardly a good case.

Kill would be the only instruction I' d give and get out fast or you risk engaging the Pakistan air force.
    But they were not in a war zone. Pakistan are allies. The deed had been done, so what was the point of legging it as quickly as possible? I can understand beforehand... but after? It sounds bizzare.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16:
    Yes, governments never lie do they? Good to see the Pakistanis did not shoot down the intruders over their airspace though.

Football, that is broadly where I am at the moment, too, though FreeTrader's arguments are pretty compelling. I don't think any of us are a million miles away from each other on this.

HKITPerson you have lost me I am afraid!

If the tide was turned and some sovereign country did a daring raid into the US for a wanted terrorist, do you think the US would like it? Not on your life!

Another example of USA foreign policy gone wrong. The USA just do what they want and most foreign countries don't have much say in the matter.

Obama is in Pakistan soon on a visit. It will be interesting to see what happens with the relationship. There is alot of hatred in Pakistan at the moment with the bodyguard there a few months ago killing innocent people has left alot more bitterness in there. I am sure if this continues more terrorist groups will emerge to replace bin laden pretty quickly.

Last edited by virago; 05-05-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    HKITperson likes this.

Supposedly they popped in using an experimental helo is what the press is saying.

Then again they were in helo's, my thoughts are they flew NOE below Pakistani radar and used a bunch of awacs to feed false data into the Pakistani radar installations to show that the skies were clear when in reality they had intruders.

The Pakistani's are still using hand me down Soviet Era radar technology they acquired from China. The majority of the time they have the primary radar early warning systems on, but the secondary systems do not come online until the primary detects a few boogies on the horizon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Yes, governments never lie do they? Good to see the Pakistanis did not shoot down the intruders over their airspace though.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Football, that is broadly where I am at the moment, too, though FreeTrader's arguments are pretty compelling. I don't think any of us are a million miles away from each other on this.

HKITPerson you have lost me I am afraid!
    Luckycat, it's simply because you have a position that Might is right and that so long as you get your revenge then that's all that matters.
    There are too many open questions.
    Again, don't you think it is strange for the US forces to have legged it when they already shot dead OBL... when they were not in hostile territory? The US is not at war with Pakistan!
    Why couldn't they have just waited for the Pakistan authorities to arrive... unless they had something to hide.. After all Pakistan are their allies.

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    Luckycat, it's simply because you have a position that Might is right and that so long as you get your revenge then that's all that matters.
    There are too many open questions.
    Again, don't you think it is strange for the US forces to have legged it when they already shot dead OBL... when they were not in hostile territory? The US is not at war with Pakistan!
    Why couldn't they have just waited for the Pakistan authorities to arrive... unless they had something to hide.. After all Pakistan are their allies.
    My view is this.

They legged it because that they weren't authorised by Pakistan to be there. I however don't think that they would have caught OBL had they (1) asked Pakistan to capture him and extradite him or (2) kill him. I think OBL would have conveniently gone missing.

The USA did something illegal, but what other choice did it have?

Edit: and I should add, the USA shouldn't really even care. What it should do is instead of sugar-coat "we got justice", say "we got revenge - dirty, cold blooded, pre-meditated revenge, and if any other terrorist steps up to the fore, that is exactly what they will get"

Then, in my mind, there will be bullets spraying from everywhere with a kill counter a la Hot Shots Part Deux. Yessir.
    Last edited by luckycat; 05-05-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 20 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast