Like Tree139Likes

Bin Laden Found Dead?

Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast

Wow the Brit has misunderstood that I am anti British ? I have never been anti British, I am however disappointed in the UK of today as to how far it has slipped into its current dysfunctional quagmire, honestly confirmed by your own prime minister David Cameron, a failed multi cultural society, due to very bad immigration policies, his words not mine....

My point of view is very western European centric, which is more of dissatisfaction with the direction that some western nations are headed, while I still hold EU citizenship, I feel it is my ancestral right to convey that grievance.. I also see Australia in the same light as the UK, which is one of a few reasons why we no longer live there, and will eventually resettle in the EU when our children are old enough.

I don't mind what the USA does in its own back yard, but I don't support its global militarisation of this planet, no country deserves that ability and we should have been more observant of that American ambition in the past...

And just for your info
    I have a huge amount of respect for Winston Churchill, Margaret Thatcher, Chris Patten and a UK when it was a great nation of the past. In no way was my comment about the Boston Massacre a sledge at the UK, it was just a bad decision at the time, captured in history in the heat of the moment that unfortunately, changed the world in a very demonstrated way. A chain of events that lead to present day. Also I really enjoyed seeing the royal wedding recently, as it looked on TV the way it should, proud, united and happy. Patriotic ?

I don't agree with the USA's militarisation of the world, its geo political bullying of weaker nations ( Australia being one of them) or its gross waste/consumption ( 25% ) of the worlds natural resources, but as long as the Americans are looked after, screw the rest of us hey ....

Last edited by Skyhook; 06-05-2011 at 10:38 AM.
    HKITperson likes this.

-----------------------

Last edited by luckycat; 06-05-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    And to think, none of this Bin Laden nonsense, likely both world wars, Vietnam, Panama, Korea, the huge waste of money that was the cold war, none of that crap would have happened, had the Boston Massacre, not taken place. A single moment in history that generated Paul Revere's published etching of the event that enraged a nation, ultimately turning people against the red coats, fuelling the US independence...Maybe if the British handled things a bit less heavy handed back in those days, the world we live in today could have been a lot more united, and a lot less wasteful....

Anybody that celebrated Bin Ladens death, really needs to be slapped, it means nothing to me, and I am still of the opinion, that the Americans did the dirty on the BLB construction company in Saudi Arabia that caused OSL to seek revenge against corp USA. You do enough bad things behind closed doors, eventually you get what's owed, with interest. Seems to be a family history of making money off the worlds dictators, Prescott Bush ( yes he is related to George senior and jnr) funded Hitler ie the Nazi's ..... Lots of dirty little secrets along the way in US history .

If my opinion offends Americans, oh well, no love lost and it shouldn't be of any surprise, I am not American and I can promise you I have no intent of ever being one. Stop pushing America as the white horse saviour/protector, when it is not, global bully, maybe.....

Name another nation that has blanket covered the world with its foreign military to the extent that the USA have ? A military that wastes 100's of millions of barrels of oil each year, while the rest of the world feels the pain of rising fuel costs as this finite resource becomes harder to extract, yet there is America consuming fossil fuels like there is no tomorrow.

All in the name of "our" global safety....
    You don't offend me. You simply prove to the world what an idiot you are.

Quote Originally Posted by HKITperson:
    FT, Illiterate as well as dumb!
    Show me which post I drew this analogy? Where did I mention Ai Wei Wei?
    You are trying to distract again... aren't you... you naughty boy.....

Now, again how would you perceive the situation if China, Russia or Iran decides to take out their enemies on US soil?.
    Yes, it is no surprise that the veracity of a quote doesn't matter to you. You and Skyhook have made where you are coming from abundantly clear - so why not leave the discussion now to the adults who are actually debating an interesting issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    Wow the Brit has misunderstood that I am anti British ? I have never been anti British, I am however disappointed in the UK of today as to how far it has slipped into its current dysfunctional quagmire, honestly confirmed by your own prime minister David Cameron, a failed multi cultural society, due to very bad immigration policies, his words not mine....

My point of view is very western European centric, which is more of dissatisfaction with the direction that some western nations are headed, while I still hold EU citizenship, I feel it is my ancestral right to convey that grievance.. I also see Australia in the same light as the UK, which is one of a few reasons why we no longer live there, and will eventually resettle in the EU when our children are old enough.

I don't mind what the USA does in its own back yard, but I don't support its global militarisation of this planet, no country deserves that ability and we should have been more observant of that American ambition in the past...

And just for your info
    I have a huge amount of respect for Winston Churchill, Margaret Thatcher and Chris Patten and of the UK when it was a great nation of the past. In no way was my comment about the Boston Massacre a sledge at the UK, it was just a bad decision at the time, captured in history in the heat of the moment that unfortunately, changed the world in a very demonstrated way. A chain of events that leads to present day. AlsoI really enjoyed seeing the royal wedding recently, as it looked on TV the way it should, proud, united and happy. Patriotic ?

I don't agree with the USA's militarisation of the world, its geo political bullying of weaker nations ( Australia included ) or its gross waste/consumption ( 25% ) of the worlds natural resources, but as long as the Americans are looked after, screw the rest of us hey ....
    So, essentially, you are an 1850's Tory and racist who believes that only the Brits should have the right to manage the world and tell others what to do. OK.

By the way, the energy consumption of the US is about equal to its share of the world's GDP. It might help to consider that before you pop off about 'waste'. Also, while I love Oz, being a PR there, Australia has been shown to be the most wasteful country on the planet in terms of energy per capita. So, saving the world begins at home, Skyhook.

I unfortunately never met Churchill or Thatcher. I do know Chris Patten, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    Yes, it is no surprise that the veracity of a quote doesn't matter to you. You and Skyhook have made where you are coming from abundantly clear - so why not leave the discussion now to the adults who are actually debating an interesting issue?
    Dear Oh...Dear FT...
    A simple question and one that we can debate. So what do you think of the comments below?

Now, again how would you perceive the situation if China, Russia or Iran decides to take out their enemies on US soi?.

1) "it is not illegal in any way. The president has the authority to order military action, etc., etc. It was a military action"

2) if something is clearly extrajudicial (what the spooks would call "covert"), it is ever justified? In some cases, such as this one the answer should be 'yes'

3) "Murder" is a legally-defined term. He was "killed"

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    "I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." – Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    You do realise this is a made-up quote and he never said this?
    Firstly, it's not a made up quote, somebody said it!! Secondly, it's his quote with some additions made. Thirdly, I copied it from my American friend's Facebook page where he even stated that it was an abridged, added to quote yet I still chose to pas it on - it does not matter!

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I think HKIT and Bryant have something to say though. HKIT unfortunately draws upon analagies which invite ridicule and if Bryant had looked back a couple of days' postings, I had already commented that that quote was a fake.

So Bryant, HKIT, a quick question that should answer it. What would you have done differently?

Apart of course, the obvious keep your account of events consistent, lest you should make yourself look like pillacks.
    I would have arrested him and put him on trial.

Touching on TigerSuns post, some good reading matter for Freetrader... Juliet B. Schor's The Overspent American and The High Price of Materialism, by Tim Kasser.

YouTube - The Overspent American: Why We Want What We Don't Need

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    I would have arrested him and put him on trial.
    Aww you big softie. You'd also give him a cuddle, stoke his beard and look longingly into his gentle eyes, whispering "Here, here, Osama, it's ok..."

Page 34 of 46 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast