Like Tree139Likes

Bin Laden Found Dead?

Closed Thread
Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I would question the statement that the USA is the only economy growing. The UK as one example.
    The UK doesn't have much room to grow & expand ( literally ).

the US has 84 people per square mile, the UK’s 61 million people are crowded into their very small island at an enormous 671 people per square mile. For context, if the US were populated at that density, it would have a population of 2.5 billion people – almost twice as many as China.
    Last edited by closedcasket; 18-03-2014 at 07:49 AM.

ouwen

LOL ....... Bin Laden was dead many years before the Seal Team Six mission. US Navy Seals do not stand around like adolescents pumping rounds into an already dead body... If they did so, it was part of the mission assignment, as in mutilate the body so it's can't be recognized, and it will be necessary to dump the body at sea. That is a mafia style hit. No body, no evidence, and no possible way to dispute the hit man's story.

Very convienient when the American public is fed up with the middle East wars and it's time to move on to a new threat and a new theatre. Now the US govt claims victory and moves gracefully on to the new threat (the Asia Pacific Pivot).

Quote Originally Posted by ouwen:
    LOL ....... Bin Laden was dead many years before the Seal Team Six mission. US Navy Seals do not stand around like adolescents pumping rounds into an already dead body... If they did so, it was part of the mission assignment, as in mutilate the body so it's can't be recognized, and it will be necessary to dump the body at sea. That is a mafia style hit. No body, no evidence, and no possible way to dispute the hit man's story.

Very convienient when the American public is fed up with the middle East wars and it's time to move on to a new threat and a new theatre. Now the US govt claims victory and moves gracefully on to the new threat (the Asia Pacific Pivot).
    It's not often I agree with you, but this is one time. I've known a few Navy Seals, and they don't "cowboy" around...

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Any super power or dominant country is bound at some point to fall. The threat is even bigger when resident of said country are convinced it can't happen.

It ia called complanency and there is nothing worst.

You are basically assuming because things have happened in the past, they must happen again in the future.

Times have changed. Nuclear weapons and communications have dramatically changed. International cooperation and rule of law has improved.

Power will certainly ebb and flow, but total collapses (Roman Empire style) seem less likely, at least in the foreseeable future. I suppose if you go thousands of years ahead, anything is possible ( weather events, meteors ).

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    Yada Yada Yada.....OK, easty, I'll bite. You've been trying so hard, I almost feel sorry for you...

As an American I have heard this same song and dance, and so has my father and his grandfather..

First, the Russians were coming, then we were losing the space race, followed by the Vietnam fiasco, the demoralizing Carter years with high oil prices and unemployment and finally the Japanese buying up America. Miraculously we have survived all this so far.

America's political dysfunction guarantees that U.S. productivity will be compromised – yet so far it is the only developed economy growing, while Japan and Europe languish.

America's math and science education trajectory, if not corrected, will diminish our competitive advantage – yet for the time being there is immigration, because the world's most prominent universities, which are American, are drawing the brightest minds.

America's huge energy consumption has been a gnawing problem for decades – yet all of a sudden it's solvable.
    Thank you George Mitchell of Texas. Thank you Texas Petro Chem industry, home of the world wide most in demand skilled craftsmen!

You're welcome CC....
    Last edited by ouwen; 18-03-2014 at 08:18 AM.

ouwen
    Quote Originally Posted by closedcasket:
    It's not often I agree with you, but this is one time. I've known a few Navy Seals, and they don't "cowboy" around...

I know a US Army tank crewman who was in Afghanistan at the beginning. The news of Bin Laden's already dead body being found was all over their comm net. Then everyone was told to shut up....

Quote Originally Posted by ouwen:
    LOL ....... Bin Laden was dead many years before the Seal Team Six mission. US Navy Seals do not stand around like adolescents pumping rounds into an already dead body... If they did so, it was part of the mission assignment, as in mutilate the body so it's can't be recognized, and it will be necessary to dump the body at sea. That is a mafia style hit..
    Interesting theory. Do you think that Bin Laden was dead many years before or that he is still living somewhere in Cheney's mansion counting his $$$ from Haliburton?