Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pin

European interior ministers agree to 'radical revision' of Schengen amid fears of a flood of migrants from north Africa

Closed Thread

European interior ministers agree to 'radical revision' of Schengen amid fears of a flood of migrants from north Africa

Hmm.

Europe moves to end passport-free travel in migrant row | World news | The Guardian

Not a good move although I can understand the concern with the mass displacements in north africa. Seems like a step too far though - better to deal with the specific problem than throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I'd like to know how that is supposed to work in real life. Border checkpoints (and buildings) have been removed completely at most places that I used to cross borders at. On some highway border crossing's you'll now find roadhouses with self service restaurants, gas stations, etc. While they could send out some mobile units to check passports, that would never work for more than a few random checks. If this really goes ahead, lets see if they are as fast building new check points as they have been tearing them down (took them a few years). And those people they are afraid of rarely come through international airport checkpoints I guess...

Last edited by 100LL; 14-05-2011 at 09:12 PM.

I have no read the article but by just relying on the title thread this is plain stupid and backward thinking.
    Will read it though and maybe I will change my mind...let see.

That would be like being in the middle of the Pacific and worrying about getting wet. Talk about shutting the door after the horse has bolted.

The daily mail will blame it on the Muslims.

East_coast likes this.