View Poll Results: Should the US leave Afghanistan?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as soon as possible!

2 100.00%
  • No, stay until the job is done (i.e. the Taleban is history).

0 0%
  • This the very last of my worries.

0 0%

Should USA leave Afghanistan?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Should USA leave Afghanistan?

Wary Afghans Worry U.S. is Repeating History

I personally have mixed feelings.

On the one hand, I think they should sort out their problems themselves. Obviously the Taleban are quite popular among a sizable proportion of the population. Many Afghan obviously think that women are second class citizens, and all the other stuff the Taleban believes in. If they (the Afghan) want this system, then let them have it. And if the women don't like it, let them educate their sons!

On the other hand, I feel sorry for the Afghan, specially the women. Surely most Afghan just want to live peaceful lives, and want neither the Americans nor the Taleban. If the Americans leave, the Taleban will likely return.

Overall, isn't the problem in Pakistan? As long as Pakistan indoctrinates young Muslims in their Madrasas, there is nothing anybody can do in Afghanistan. There is a constant supply of indoctrinated youth, and as Ho Chi Min said "You can kill ten of my men for every one I kill of yours, but even at those odds, you will lose and I will win".
    Last edited by jacky_se; 23-06-2011 at 06:45 PM.

It's time to get out in my opinion.

Besides that, I think you need to get your facts right.

Oh that every decision we make could be done with 20-20 hindsight. Sure it's time to go. What's a kid from Kansas doing dying in afghanistan building roads and bridges when they've got roads and bridges to build in Kansas? Don't he know he ain't in Kansas any more? The question is how. They can't do what the Russians did in the 80's we all know what happens then. They've got to get Russia, China, India, Pakistan and Iran involved and say, 'hey listen fellas, if we leave this mess is right on your doorstep.'

China? On Afghanistan's doorstep?

Christ. I didn't realise Afghanistan borders China. You learn something new every day!

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Christ. I didn't realise Afghanistan borders China. You learn something new every day!
    Clearly you haven't played enough Risk!

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I suggest you buy a map - or look at that one

map china - Google Maps

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    I suggest you buy a map - or look at that one

map china - Google Maps
    well done Mat.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile

I say kill two birds with one stone, let every American soldier there blow themselves up in Taliban held areas. That way the USA are out and the Taliban are gone.

DeletedUser, did you see the second post after my first? The time in between was time taken to check a map. Mat can be excused because we have a rapport. You on the other hand are just a spiteful troll. Stop looking at my posts. It's just stalkerish. You are a sick puppy. Go play with people who can put up with you.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using GeoClicks Mobile

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast