Like Tree43Likes

Another Frenchman....

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    U do not need to, since I am sure Luckycat and his british sense of humor (ehhrr) will take care of this..

Unless Virago with his Aussie jokes (the louder the better) beat him to it.
    Mat, where are you from?

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Mat, where are you from?
    He is French except during the world cup when he is German
    Mat likes this.

U do not need to, since I am sure Luckycat and his british sense of humor (ehhrr) will take care of this..

Unless Virago with his Aussie jokes (the louder the better) beat him to it.
    I would say that it is not a "brit" sense of humour. Just "a" sense of humour.

I have only found Brits and Icelandics get it. The French especially don't get it. Why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I would say that it is not a "brit" sense of humour. Just "a" sense of humour.

I have only found Brits and Icelandics get it. The French especially don't get it. Why is that?
    i now get why the English and the FrEnch had the 100 Years War. too much teasing of one another

Loz I really don't get it. It's just banter. You think the English are bad, wait for the Icelandics. They are the most sarcastic set of people you wil ever meet. Sarcasm doesn't seem to really exist in most of the rest of Europe. Very strange.

Maybe they're eating too many frog's legs and it's clouding their judgment...

JOKE

Loz I really don't get it. It's just banter. You think the English are bad, wait for the Icelandics. They are the most sarcastic set of people you wil ever meet. Sarcasm doesn't seem to really exist in most of the rest of Europe. Very strange.

Maybe they're eating too many frog's legs and it's clouding their judgment...

JOKE

Everyone understands sarcasm in Europe, not just the brits or the icelandics, you need to go out more....

But the Brits have The Benny Hill Show ...and this, only the brits can understand...
    Benny Hill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, it's very embarrassing (I couldn't bear to look at that link)

Everyone understands sarcasm in Europe, not just the brits or the icelandics, you need to go out more....

But the Brits have The Benny Hill Show ...and this, only the brits can understand...
    Benny Hill - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The French I know take everything to heart (or to the crotch)...

...Benny Hill was comedic genius.

There was one episode about Mr Yakkiman - anyone remember that? Genius

The French I know take everything to heart (or to the crotch)...

...Benny Hill was comedic genius.

There was one episode about Mr Yakkiman - anyone remember that? Genius
    You must know that many, plus at 27 you're still a kid...

If I were to judge the Brits by what I read on those boards I wouldn't have a very high opinion of them to be honest

"Benny Hill was comedic genius." - Sacrasm, right?

Sorry to distract from the important topic of that Personification of Englishness, the Late Lamented Sir Benny Hill, but I can't resist posting the following article, which is actually about the topic of this thread:

Bernard-Henri Lévy explains why you're wrong about Dominique Strauss-Kahn. - By Tom Scocca - Slate Magazine

Now, I have a certain fondness of Bernard Henri Levy, but he has come to personify the unthinking 'attack defense' of DSK's fans and friends, who are so upset about his alleged mistreatment. And please, will someone please help Bernard button his shirt? So louche! Is chateau Bernard Henri Levy?

Also hilarious - Michael Bloomberg's quote about perp walks. Now he is against them.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast