Like Tree47Likes

News of the World closed

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

News of the World closed

So Murdoch would bite the financial bullet ( on the face of it ) and has closed down the tainted, scandal rag that us Brits refer to as The News of the Screws . Hurray !!!!! The last straw being being found out about hacking the phones / voice mail of murdered kids and slain soldiers families - true scum bags, but par for the course for what passes as journalism in the UK..

BUT WAIT .................................
    From my Twitter feed ....

Jamesallenonf1 James Allen
    #f1 According to BBC, sunonsunday.com and sunonsunday.co.uk were registered two days ago..

EDIT - Appears not to be as correct as first stated - .com owned by an Italian speculator since 07 and MAYBE the .co.uk MAYBE a Murdoch buy or MAYBE someone speculating. I speculate the HKJC will have odds for us in the morning.

Last edited by Boris; 08-07-2011 at 02:23 AM. Reason: update on twitter

You can find the bleating announcement here:
    Full Statement: James Murdoch Announces Closure Of The News Of The World Due To Phone Hacking | UK News | Sky News

I am particularly fond of this ( at the end of all the poetic guff )
    "I can understand how unfair these decisions may feel. Particularly, for colleagues who will leave the Company. Of course, we will communicate next steps in detail and begin appropriate consultations."

Should go something like this ( EDIT if Murdoch runs true to form and makes money over common decency )
    " Luckily there is a new publication looking for employees and we have arranged you an interview. Not as much money I'm afraid. Also there are no perks and you would have to forgo any settlements in regard of NOTW, but hey, a jobs a job in these troubled times don't you know?"

Murdoch comes out ahead AGAIN !!!

Last edited by Boris; 08-07-2011 at 02:25 AM. Reason: on twitter update
    bookblogger likes this.

Some cracking remarks in the bottom half of this page.
    BBC News - Reaction to News of the World closure

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    Some cracking remarks in the bottom half of this page.
    BBC News - Reaction to News of the World closure
    So there's all these comments by MPs and media - then a quote by Hugh Grant?!

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    So Murdoch would bite the financial bullet ( on the face of it ) and has closed down the tainted, scandal rag that us Brits refer to as The News of the Screws . Hurray !!!!! The last straw being being found out about hacking the phones / voice mail of murdered kids and slain soldiers families - true scum bags, but par for the course for what passes as journalism in the UK..

BUT WAIT .................................
    From my Twitter feed ....

Jamesallenonf1 James Allen
    #f1 According to BBC, sunonsunday.com and sunonsunday.co.uk were registered two days ago..

EDIT - Appears not to be as correct as first stated - .com owned by an Italian speculator since 07 and MAYBE the .co.uk MAYBE a Murdoch buy or MAYBE someone speculating. I speculate the HKJC will have odds for us in the morning.
    Well no surprises about it closing down. While maybe "par for the course" for some so-called "journalists"it was absolutely disgusting what they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Yup because he got phone hacked by them.

Ah ok - but I thought everyone did!

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    Hugh Grant did a bit of investigative journalism. He secretly taped a conversation with ex-NotW journalist Paul McMullan.

Here is a very interesting BBC interview with Hugh Grant dated July 6, 2011:

BBC News - Hugh Grant: How I exposed hacking

QUOTE: "Margaret Thatcher was the first prime minister to realize it is very hard to get elected in this country without the backing of the Murdoch press, so she was the first one to become an undignified sycophant to that organization, to that media tycoon, with a pattern that has been followed by every single prime minister since, including this one.." UNQUOTE –

In other words:

• Margaret Thatcher 1979-90 Conservative
    • John Major 1990-97 Conservative
    • Tony Blair 1997-2007 Labour
    • Gordon Brown 2007-2010 Labour (non-elected)
    • David Cameron 2010-present (whose press secretary Andy Coulson was sacked from News International over the phone hacking scandal in 2006)

This exposes the Left/Right sham for what it really is. They are wings of the same bird and are both controlled by the same side - in this case a Bilderberg/CFR/Bohemian Grove/NWO frontman who is pulling the strings of British prime ministers.

Who can forget this April 1992 Sun newspaper headline after John Major's election victory for the Conservatives?

Cambridge University references The Sun’s ‘It’s The Sun Wot Won It’ headline in an exam | The Sun |News

Here’s a link to the article written by Hugh Grant for the New Statesmen published April 12, 2011:

New Statesman - The bugger, bugged

Well let's just hope the Shit on Sunday flops if it ever appears.

bookblogger likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast