Like Tree197Likes

London riots

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    And because of the austerity measures too causing these problems.....
    Yes, austerity is causing me to burn down my neighbor's building...

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    Well if you close down the local youth centre so I can't go and muck around with my friends all day, pump iron, play music etc I only have one choice is go out into the street.......

Quote Originally Posted by Freetrader:
    No that was just them playing the piano at all hours

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    Apparently on HK news (in Chinese) the story is that the guy dropped his gun and was *then* shot. I told my wife she was obviously mistaken because I'd heard from a reliable source (geoexpat) that the shooting was in self defence.

I still find it unlikely that the guy dropped the gun first and was then shot. Probably just typical bollocks news reporting - how would they know anyway?
    reliable source (geoexpat)??

Why not go to the original source?

IPCC - Update on Mark Duggan investigation including details of ballistic tests
    PDLM likes this.

What they need to do is give all these kids a phone with various addictive touch screen games so they can instead become zombies.

Yes it'll be slightly annoying when they bump into you on the street or don't hold open a door but you can just console yourself with the relief that they didn't set you on fire.

luckycat and roen like this.

I feel sorry for the kids. Everyone is always complaining that the youth of today are lazy, just sitting at home playing computer games, taking drugs, the girls getting pregnant. So eventually they get off their arses and do something active and then they get criticised for that. They can't win can they? They are just responding to the government advice to get 30 minutes of exercise a day.

virago, Watercooler and justjoe86 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:

Two police shots were fired. Duggan was hit twice, once in the chest and once in the bicep. The bullet in the police radio was a police bullet. So does that mean one of the bullets went straight through Duggan and into the radio? If he was sitting in the car (was he?) then how does that work?

Let me confess... I wasn't being 100% serious when I said geoexpat was a reliable source.

Thanks for the link. It doesn't say whether the guy had the gun in his hand at the time he was shot though, which is what I was referring to.

Let's see... the police investigating the police...

It's a bit like asking a tobacco manufacturers whether tobacco causes cancer, or gun dealers whether guns kill people, or owners of coal power plants whether CO2 causes global warming, or ...

You get the picture...

Jacky, it is the independent police complaints commission

Closed Thread
Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 10 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast