Like Tree197Likes

London riots

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    So, the 10 year old kid coming out of footlocker after looting a pair of new trainers should be shot?
    Damn right they should, it's time to instill some fear into the rioters so they don't think they can just act however they like . They will find that seeing their fellow rioter going down in a hail of bullets will have a most sobering effect on them, muhahaha.

But on a more serious note, while I don't buy the "gun solves everything" American approach, I can't really stand the "touchy-feely" "let's be friends with the world" approach either. Sometimes one has to bring out the whip to adminster some lessons on these rioters.
    Last edited by Watercooler; 10-08-2011 at 02:16 PM.

How many people would there be who want to replace their cars trying to find out where the next "event" is, driving down there and parking on the street hoping.........
    I have heard after hail storms in the past people have been caught damaging their cars with golf balls to try and get them replaced (the car, not the golf balls)

An interesting comment from Robert Mugabe............

The chaos has also brought an extraordinary round of commentary from some of the world's most authoritarian regimes, including Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe.
    The man usually at the centre of international condemnation used the London riots to demand Britain stop interfering in Zimbabwean affairs.
    "Britain I understand is on fire, London especially and we hope they can extinguish their fire, pay attention to their internal problems and to that fire which is now blazing all over, and leave us alone," he said in an address to his regime's armed forces.
    "We do not have any fire here and we do not want them to continue to create unnecessary problems in our country. We want peace, and the people of Zimbabwe want peace."

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    So, the 10 year old kid coming out of footlocker after looting a pair of new trainers should be shot?
    For a growing child, a properly fitted shoe for his growing feet is paramount.

I hope he spent time getting a proper fit with a trained shoeologist.

Quote Originally Posted by virago:
    pay attention to their internal problems and to that fire which is now blazing all over, and leave us alone
    For once he said something intelligent. I wish the US and European countries would stop interfering in other countries' internal affairs, and sort out their problems first.

They are trying them on first, then queing at the checkout to remove security tags!
    Looters Tried On Shoes In $157m Rampage

No, Moving, I don't believe it to be an exaggeration.

I don't want to continue this converstaion because it will invariably lead to being rude to your parents which I don't want to do.

So I will ask this: how good are their cakes?

They're like eating carpet... in a good way.

Quote Originally Posted by penguinsix:
    Of course the article also mentions a US woman who was shot by her husband after the hubby used a gun to 'blast' a hole into the side of his house so he could install his satellite dish.
    But that was 'friendly fire'!

Seriously, to each his own but I know dozens of Brits who moved to New York who would do anything to avoid being sent back home across the pond. Most of them are trying to figure out ways to move to California though.

Quote Originally Posted by jacky_se:
    You should really try to check the website you linked to. Germany has a murder rate that is 5.95 times lower than the US', and Switzerland, Norway, Slovenia, Austria, Iceland, Monaco have a lower murder rate than Germany.
    Nope. Don't know what you are looking at but it ain't the 2000s average.

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 30 ... LastLast