Like Tree197Likes

London riots

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    I don't think anyone is just sitting back - though I am curious as to what you think the British posters on this forum should be doing . I think you'll find there have been a lot of the vandals arrested and court appearances already. And the fact that they are displaying their stupidity by advertising their loot and showing photos of themselves on various social networks with their stuff means there'll be a whole lot more.
    There will be a lot of CCTV scanning going on which will lead to more perps being identified and tracked down. I'm looking forward to meeting up with a friend of mine who always moans about all the CCTV cameras everywhere - I wonder if he'll be so indignant now.
    So what do you think will happen then? I worked (when I was a student in the UK) as a line up extra (What is it called? I was one of these guys standing near a criminal as the victim identified the criminal). I was surprised by the arrogance of the criminals, and the politeness of the policemen. Where I come from, first the policeman beats up the suspect, then he beats him up some more, and then the suspect has a few broken bones and if he is declared innocent the policemen will drop the abuse to verbal abuse (and I come from Western Europe, not Africa).

Bottom line: what do you think will happen to these looters? Do you think any of them will go to prison, or pay a fine? Forget it! Nothing will happen to them, and they know it perfectly well.

What do you mean "nothing will happen to them"? you think they will be let off?

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Things are serious... now it's affecting American tourists. Obama will be having words with Cameron.

A Los Angeles couple visiting London headed out for a nice dinner at The Ledbury on Monday evening only to be served up a bit of chaos as rioters broke in to the Michelin two-star restaurant and kitchen staff defended the diners with rolling pins.

London Rioters Interrupt Tourists' Fancy Dinner, Get Scared Off By Restaurant Staff - AOL Travel News

I think most of them will be let off. In fact I'm sure..

These rioters feel so invincible like the law is below them, stealing openly, showing it on youtube and facebook, laughing about it. There's an illusion of power surging through these people's minds, and it is ready to be broken.

When they get arrested and sent to prison can you imagine the state of anticlimax they'll be in - especially the ones who have just jumped on the bandwagon without thinking about it. Words of "What on earth was I doing??" will echo through prison cells around the country.

They'll feel like their mum went on their internet history and discovered their octogenarian foot fetish archive.

*clears internet history*

luckycat and Char Siu King like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    I think most of them will be let off. In fact I'm sure..
    Why, do you think?

I think B.E. may have a depressingly true point.

Firstly the prisons in the UK are already totally full. There is physically not the room to put a few hundred rioters.

Secondly the " justice" system in the UK is so soft most will probably get nothing more than a fine and/or some form of "community order".

Watercooler likes this.

Of course!

Though with a warning...

Quote Originally Posted by jacky_se:
    Where I come from, first the policeman beats up the suspect, then he beats him up some more, and then the suspect has a few broken bones and if he is declared innocent the policemen will drop the abuse to verbal abuse (and I come from Western Europe, not Africa).
    Which Western Europe country do you come from ? Because what it happening in London could happen in most Western Europe country , France, Italy Spain ....

Quote Originally Posted by jacky_se:
    Where I come from, first the policeman beats up the suspect, then he beats him up some more, and then the suspect has a few broken bones and if he is declared innocent the policemen will drop the abuse to verbal abuse
    So what you're saying is where you come from, the police join in with the rioting.

Sounds fun.

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 35 ... LastLast