London riots

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Can you get Gucci at second hand shops?
    In Hong Kong, yes. Milan Station

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I will tell u what it was.

I beat this chump 5-0 at pool and I made him pay.

I met his chinese other half who was secretly a geordie.

I went to a curryhouse and ate vegetarian curry.

I didn't get home till 1 and didn't get to sleep till 4!!!
    Man, I feel sorry for the person you clearly exploited and now call chump!

unfortunately so many are taught at a young age that we are defined by the things we have not the actions we do. Success seems to be measured by how jealous others are of you.

justjoe86 likes this.

Jacky I am certain I heard that charity shops either get a subsidy or some other form of rental assistance from the gummint. Maybe thats why they are so prevalent.

My other half and I have been using peasant shops all our lives. I ransacked some in Ramsgate a week ago and got some amazing books and cufflinks. Our serving plates for our weding cermony are all from the peasant shop too.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Jacky I am certain I heard that charity shops either get a subsidy or some other form of rental assistance from the gummint. Maybe thats why they are so prevalent.

My other half and I have been using peasant shops all our lives. I ransacked some in Ramsgate a week ago and got some amazing books and cufflinks. Our serving plates for our weding cermony are all from the peasant shop too.
    You cheap ba$tard...

My dad used to go to auctions and his first rule was if nobody bid, he'd bid £1. He'd generally fill the car with huge boxes and sift through it later. boxes of books, boxes of cutlery, all sorts!

We've got about a million silver spoons at home in UK and yet I wasnt born with one in my mouth.

Maybe it's a British thing. As a non-British person, I find second hand shops on main street depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by jacky_se:
    Maybe it's a British thing. As a non-British person, I find second hand shops on main street depressing.
    OK so people have explained why they don't find it depressing.

Can you explain why you find it depressing - other than you're not British?

Basically it shows that people don't have any money.

Main street is where the most expensive shops usually are (LV, Prada, Rolex, and so on). Not that I buy that kind of crap, but if the most expensive things on sale in a city are second hand things, then your country's economy is in trouble. It means that nobody can afford new things, and things only get recycled. How many jobs are created with this approach?

Not that I dislike second hand shops. I certainly go in there much more often than I would go to into an LV shop (which is never).

Quote Originally Posted by jacky_se:
    Basically it shows that people don't have any money.

Main street is where the most expensive shops usually are (LV, Prada, Rolex, and so on). Not that I buy that kind of crap, but if the most expensive things on sale in a city are second hand things, then your country's economy is in trouble. It means that nobody can afford new things, and things only get recycled. How many jobs are created with this approach?

Not that I dislike second hand shops. I certainly go in there much more often than I would go to into an LV shop (which is never).
    So, where are you from then? My guess is overseas educated HK person. Just a hunch.

You're talking about Cambridge. A town of about 100,000 people and a good chunk of them are actually students from all over the world. That's why there are second hand shops. Students love that stuff. What on earth do LV, Prada, Rolex etc have to do with anything?
    SiuMaiTaiTai and Skyhook like this.

Closed Thread
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 42 ... LastLast