Like Tree197Likes

London riots

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    jacky... it doesn't show anything about the economy.

Imagine if there was a town of billionaires and they all liked oxfam and they didn't like prada.

Which shops would be on the main street

What would this say about the economy?
    You must be wearing LC's old undies....or maybe it is SS.
    luckycat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by justjoe86:
    All I know is the child's mother was keen to negotiate a sale.
    I can confirm that the mother was very desperate to sell. She wanted to buy two dogs with the proceeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Do you expect on the Champs Elysee: LV, GUCCI, PRADA...or some second hand shop that sell old goods?
    I expect to see a lot of rude Frenchies on the Champs Elysee (possibly wearing my old niknaks)
    drumbrake likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I can confirm that the mother was very desperate to sell. She wanted to buy two dogs with the proceeds.
    For dinner. She would only buy them if the owner would throw in his bicycle powered spit roast for free.
    Last edited by justjoe86; 11-08-2011 at 07:22 PM.
    luckycat likes this.

You must be wearing LC's old undies....or maybe it is SS.
    Yes I'm wearing Satay Sue's underwear. That's top secret though.

Quote Originally Posted by jacky_se:
    Most stuff sold in British charity shops is old clothes (which I would merely use to clean the toilet),
    Keep digging...

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    I expect to see a lot of rude Frenchies on the Champs Elysee (possibly wearing my old niknaks)
    No pal. When I was there this summer it was mostly Chinese tourists. Man, has the world changed in the past 10 years!
    luckycat likes this.

Do you expect on the Champs Elysee: LV, GUCCI, PRADA...or some second hand shop that sell old goods?
    Cambridge High Street is hardly the Champs Elysee. Cambridge is a small city of 100,000 or so as someone else pointed out. It was also voted the worst High Street in England recently due to the lack of variety of shops on it. Oxford Street would be a comparable road to CE and I don't think there are any charity shops there.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Cambridge High Street is hardly the Champs Elysee. Cambridge is a small city of 100,000 or so as someone else pointed out. It was also voted the worst High Street in England recently due to the lack of variety of shops on it. Oxford Street would be a comparable road to CE and I don't think there are any charity shops there.
    Almost. Oxford street is mostly brands like Next & Topshop and then you've got your stationery and phone shops etc. Comparable streets would be Bond Street, Regent Street, and Knightsbridge/Sloane Street.

Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 30 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast