Like Tree197Likes

London riots

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

London riots

It's continued through a third night
    BBC News - London riots: Violence erupts for third day

The whole thing is so disturbing. The final paragraph on this article makes one wonder what actually went on with that shoot-out and the aftermath with the dead man's family...

Some eyewitness reports
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14440865

Last edited by Satay Sue; 09-08-2011 at 06:54 AM.
    via likes this.

I thought looters could be shot also?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...n-2334133.html

Interesting article with a picture of the nice young gentleman, a lovely young man in the prime of his life.....seems from the article that the police are going to be in trouble if they shot this armed thug in self defence, they need to wait until he shoots one of them first apparently. It's finished there, decades of wet Guardian led social policy have led to this where people are going to look to blame the police for the killing of this scumbag....

Last edited by bryant.english; 09-08-2011 at 08:05 AM.
    grandpiano likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bryant.english:
    I thought looters could be shot also?
    So they should.

Call in a curfew and anybody out after that gets beat down

It's crazy. What are the parents of these little thugs doing to stop them? It does make me rather glad to be in HK - does anyone think the same could happen here? I'm guessing the chinese mentality is more to "work your way up" rather than just bash things up if life does not go all your own way. So good on them.

It could get that way couldn't it? Stories of an outbreak in Birmingham also but it seems that the police got more involved that time.

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    It's crazy. What are the parents of these little thugs doing to stop them? It does make me rather glad to be in HK - does anyone think the same could happen here? I'm guessing the chinese mentality is more to "work your way up" rather than just bash things up if life does not go all your own way. So good on them.
    I imagine the parents are probably with them

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I think the parents are joining them as they remember back in 83' (or whenever the last time it happened) when they were kids themselves.

Just lack of discipline growing up.

Remember the LA Riots in 1992. 53 people died.

Poor coppers, damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Birmingham and Liverpool now too. Police do not have enough bodies to deal with it's happening all over the place at random.

Page 1 of 44 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast