Like Tree4Likes

Gaddafi Captured?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

F.A.O. bryant.english:

In 10 words or less, explain why you are the best candidate for the next dictator of Libiya.

Can we keep the (maybe) dead body pictures off the board please? A link will suffice for anyone that really wants to see

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought:
    F.A.O. bryant.english:

In 10 words or less, explain why you are the best candidate for the next dictator of Libiya.
    I really, really, really, really, really, really, really want to be.

you too could be a man with a golden gun.....

he was still moving in the guardian one - he distinctly checks his own pulse at 1:04

?!

Quote Originally Posted by audiot:
    ...he distinctly checks his own pulse at 1:04
    Talk about misplaced priorities.

Listened to the radio this morning and all the news is that he is dead and everyone is celebrating.

Sounds familiar? The news reports sounds just like the Saddam Hussain capture a few years back - now look at them - infighting and violence and no security. Egypt is similarly going downhill. It's sad that revolution ends in conflict but the precedents from Europe and the USA are not great - decades of turmoil while the country figures out a way forward. I feel sorry for all those people celebrating - let them enjoy this moment, because the future is probably very bleak.

The bloodlust the masses have had with Gaddafi's death (as they did with Saddam) is actually quite frightening.

Its sickening and especially to those on this talkboard making sick jibes. Do you have no humanity? How would you feel if people made jokes about people falling from high buildings during 9/11? We were horrified when US troops were dragged through the streets in Somalia after they were executed. There were outcries of savagery when these pictures appeared in the press.

Those who say Saddam deserved it becuase he was evil misses the point. We lose the very principles that we base our own moral values upon.

Both were horrendous dictators whose days were numbered. I'll say that Gaddafi was robbed of the dignity of a trial and execution that Saddam had the luxury of.

The other difference is that one was picked up by US forces and the other by NTC fighters.