Like Tree16Likes

Seriously depressed. When will this end?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Seriously depressed. When will this end?

When you stop reading the Guardian.
    TheBrit, bryant.english and PDLM like this.

Yeah read Sun instead....

I am all for Iran to get the bomb.

It helps my shares in uranium mining.

Eddy Mundo likes this.

I agree TS. Though, if I were Iran without nuclear capabilities hearing that my erstwhile chum israel now wants to obliterate me off the map, I know what I would do. Can't America just control Israel more? Wasn't that what Barack promised three years ago?

Not sure if the guardian is the cause of my unhappiness. I just feel like a genius. I can actually see how tue next 12 months will pan out. The fervent whipping up of fear, the invasion, the destruction of a nation, the death of millions and the mistakes that transpire which everyone says they will learn from next time.

Then it will be another country. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by luckycat:
    Iran could be the unmaking of Obama's presidency | Simon Tisdall | Comment is free | The Guardian

When Barack made his inaugral speech, it was one of those moments which restored my faith in common decency. I sat awestruck during his speech and really thought that, finally, a decent man was in charge of such a volatile superpower.

Iran is not to be confused with countries like Afghanistan, Iraq or even Libya. This won't be a pushover and will have many tangible effects for the rest of the world. I doubt China would sit back. I really hope that BO will make a decision not because of the elections next year but on true merits.

Genuine question: what actually gives America and co the right to stop Iran from achieving its nuclear ambitions? How many wars has Iran been in in, say, the last twenty years which would point to it being ready, able and willing to obliterate the world ten times over?

The only thing I can see is that it is devoutly muslim (ergo comprising a nation full of terrorists) and that its idiot of a president believing Israel should be "wiped off the map" - six years ago.

Yours sincerely

A. Depressive.
    US had no right to interfere in Libya or Iraq in first place...I seriously cant believe Libya's state now...

Quote Originally Posted by Rjpirated:
    US had no right to interfere in Libya or Iraq in first place...I seriously cant believe Libya's state now...
    ? huh? The US was begged by the rebels for help and they provided the minimum they could. for once, it seemed to be about the right response!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjpirated:
    Because it was so good before?

P.S. I have just noticed rjpirate joined last month. Are there any of Gadhaffi's family still missing?
    Last edited by hullexile; 09-11-2011 at 08:19 PM.