Apple designer honored

Closed Thread

Apple designer honored

Jonathan Ive Knighthood: Apple's Design Chief Awarded Knighthood In United Kingdom

I wonder if the Queens going to have to get an app for that or do it old school.
    Seriously though - the lad done good.

* Thread title AmericaniZed on purpose.
    Last edited by Boris; 01-01-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Aren't knighthoods just a load of bullshit now? How come somebody who designs a bloody phone be a knight? "The Crusades? Pah, dragon slaying? Double pah! Why, I've got to decide where the volume switch on an overpriced piece of plastic crap goes..."

I would happily joust with this tit..

Should be a completely different title for these 'ooh, isn't he good at what he does' types; knighthoods should be reserved for heroes of the realm not girly men who are good at art...

That is why Canadians can't accept titles from the queen unless like Conrad Black, he who now languishes in a US jail, renounces their Canadian citizenship and gets the title of Lord Black of Crossharbour (now gone due to convictions in US courts).

There was no appetite for British monarchy bestowed titles for Canadians post WW 1 with the struggles of the labour movement and workers generally. This debate in Canada goes back to 1919 or so and many debates in the House of Commons have reaffirmed that no title be given to Canadians.

It is not that the gov't should not bestow awards - but in Canada no Canadian is to be superior than another.