Like Tree13Likes

Kony 2012!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation Kony 2012!

Because this is not just an American issue...

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...&v=Y4MnpzG5Sqc

Last edited by shri; 09-03-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Here's an interesting blog by a Poli-sci student from Acadia University. I'm a little concerned about my child's school, as they are jumping on the Kony 2012 bandwagon......

Visible Children - KONY 2012 Criticism

I think you all are losing sight of the message here. It is not about Invisible Children and their practices, but rather Joseph Kony and his atrocities. No wonder nothing ever gets accomplished when people are to busy shooting the messenger, rather than reading the message.

By the way I was already aware of the criticism against IC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17295078, but I still feel it is an important message/ reminder that there are grave human rights violations taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by erin320:
    Because this is not just an American issue...

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Why do you think it is an "American" issue in the first place?
    Last edited by Stoob; 08-03-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Addition of ""

I think you all are losing sight of the message here. It is not about Invisible Children and their practices, but rather Joseph Kony and his atrocities. No wonder nothing ever gets accomplished when people are to busy shooting the messenger, rather than reading the message.

By the way I was already aware of the criticism against IC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-17295078, but I still feel it is an important message/ reminder that there are grave human rights violations taking place.
    You said it Erin. There isn't any perfect way to get the message out and effect real action so I applaud the efforts.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using GeoClicks Mobile

By the way I was already aware of the criticism against IC BBC News - Uganda rebel Joseph Kony target of viral campaign video, but I still feel it is an important message/ reminder that there are grave human rights violations taking place.
    How can you post a link entitled 'Kony 2012' (the title of Invisible Children's campaign), and a link to their video then tell us we are losing sight of the message and its not about this organization. Your post is ALL about Invisible Children - no mention about any of the issues or anything other than the organization!

Also interesting that you say you were aware of the considerable criticism against this organization, but still didn't think it was worth mentioning in your first post.

If you were indeed aware that questions had been raised about IC, then why not include that in the first post along with your link and let people get the full picture and decide for themselves?

We weren't shooting the messenger at all, rather just providing a different viewpoint on this organization which is more than valid. Interesting that you don't think we should highlight this, although not surprising seeing as you were aware of it yourself didn't bother to.

Granted, this campaign has raised awareness of the issue. But as per the article that HC posted, the United States and other World Powers are already involved in this issue and all over it, and have been for sometime.
    Last edited by Alan Partridge; 08-03-2012 at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Partridge:
    How can you post a link entitled 'Kony 2012' (the title of Invisible Children's campaign), and a link to their video then tell us we are losing sight of the message and its not about this organization. Your post is ALL about Invisible Children - no mention about any of the issues or anything other than the organization!
    Why write a lengthy explanation when the video tells you all about the issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Partridge:
    Also interesting that you say you were aware of the considerable criticism against this organization, but still didn't think it was worth mentioning in your first post.
    Again why when I didn't take issue with their practices? If you want to take issue then by all means do the research and come to your own conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoob:
    Why do you think it is an "American" issue in the first place?
    Because this is an American action group putting pressure on the American government to use American military force to stop Joseph Kony in Uganda. I feel it can't hurt to get the world involved or at the very least informed on the effort.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast