Like Tree146Likes

British man tried to rape a Chinese woman in Beijing and got beaten up.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Satay Sue:
    That's another thing(pedantic I know but) I noticed that references to the alleged perp called him an "expat", as opposed to a tourist. How would you know?
    Visa status?

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Visa status?
    It was reported and in the press release that he was on a tourist visa.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    Visa status?
    What, the guys saw another guy supposedly attacking a girl, kicked the crap out of him then checked his passport?

SS, we should simply check if Chateau and PDLM were in Beijing on that day.

One would have taken no no for yes yes, while the other one was making sure the bloke at the right docs.

Indeed, silly me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ern:
    In any of those countries, the kickers would be facing arrest for a serious assault too, especially if there was video evidence available.
    Arrest maybe, conviction, Im not too sure. I don't have an issue with dishing out street justice.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    ...I don't have an issue with dishing out street justice.
    Presumably you also do not have a problem with paying the price for taking the law into your own hands.
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 16-05-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Let's put it this way. I trust the mercy of the court will see it my way. At least I would know that I did not just stand and videotaped while it was happening.

Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    Let's put it this way. I trust the mercy of the court will see it my way. At least I would know that I did not just stand and videotaped while it was happening.
    You must be very young...As you get older you will get wiser and realize that the law is an ass and you cannot count on the courts to be predictable.

You can very easily get in front of a judge who likes to stick to the letter of the law and find yourself in jail for 5-10 years; for what? a few minutes of vengeance and self satisfaction...
    dear giant likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by erin320:
    Let's say the girl he was attempting to rape was your daughter and you got there after the man had been rendered unconscious because you received a call from your distraught daughter and upon seeing the jerk on the pavement you fly into a rage and kick his unconscious ass...
    Then you get arrested for assault. Simple. The law (at least in most civilised countries) is clear - assaulting someone who is not fighting back (and thus self-defense argument) is illegal. No matter WHO they are or WHAT they have done. That's for the police, the courts and the prison service to deal with. NOT the general public. I find it amazing actually that we are even debating it!
    HowardCoombs and hullexile like this.

Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast