Like Tree146Likes

British man tried to rape a Chinese woman in Beijing and got beaten up.

Reply
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
  1. #201

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I want to know which people do you mean by "some of you" and I would also like to know which exact post(s) made you think that way.
    (I understand now you've changed your mind and you no longer believe this to be true)
    Only in respect to the expat posters of this forum. Not sure if the same applies for other expats though. That remains to be seen.

  2. #202

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Which part of defending the British guy from the kick to his head do you not understand? Where did I say defending him from the rape in my original post?
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    "Bleeding hearts" for someone who got a kick to his head, not for raping. I've said that all along. I have not change my argument. Think before you say anything.
    He got kicked because he is (allegedly) a rapist, so you can't separate the two when you claim people are defending him or have sympathy for him for being kicked.

    Quote Originally Posted by threelittlepigs:
    My own position is that given the tourist was so blatant in his disregard to the local woman (I know, I know, there was no video of the rape) I could definitely see why the beating occured. Now, as we all know, any time a mob is incited, things get out of hand. It is possible that some have taken the beating too far. But I still can't help thinking he brought it upon himself. The Chinese don't go around beating up foreigners for no reason.
    It's not about beating him (he deserved that if he was caught in the act IMO), it's about kicking him - or anyone else for that matter - while being unconscious on the ground.

    Note that I don't agree with vigilantism in general, as mentioned earlier accusations may not be true but the mob can easily be persuaded. However if caught in the act I don't have much problem as long as it's limited to a good beating, i.e. killing and cutting the body into pieces to feed them to the fish would go too far.

  3. #203

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,154

    I asked : I want to know which people do you mean by "some of you" and I would also like to know which exact post(s) made you think that way.

    Waterboard answered : Only in respect to the expat posters of this forum. Not sure if the same applies for other expats though. That remains to be seen.

    Waterpump, are you sure you are fluent in English?

    Last edited by HowardCoombs; 17-05-2012 at 03:07 PM.

  4. #204

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    He got kicked because he is (allegedly) a rapist, so you can't separate the two when you claim people are defending him or have sympathy for him for being kicked.


    It's not about beating him (he deserved that if he was caught in the act IMO), it's about kicking him - or anyone else for that matter - while being unconscious on the ground.

    Note that I don't agree with vigilantism in general, as mentioned earlier accusations may not be true but the mob can easily be persuaded. However if caught in the act I don't have much problem as long as it's limited to a good beating, i.e. killing and cutting the body into pieces to feed them to the fish would go too far.
    Yes it's cause and consequence. But I disagree on whether you can't seperate the two. It's a question of whether there was sympathy for the man enduring excessive force (of the kick), not the (alleged) rape per se. If they simply stop the man in the act of raping and arrest him then no problem. But it was the treatment dealt out to him afterwards that is in contention, so you can seperate I think. Anyway posters here are adamant that expressing concern for excessive force does not equate sympathy for the man, so that's a point that is resolved. (but only for the expat posters in this forum)

    But after that I agree with you, good beating no problem

  5. #205

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I asked : I want to know which people do you mean by "some of you" and I would also like to know which exact post(s) made you think that way.

    Waterboard answered : Only in respect to the expat posters of this forum. Not sure if the same applies for other expats though. That remains to be seen.

    Waterpump, are you sure you are fluent in English?
    Damn right I am. So shut it HotComer . You were referring to my changed position? I did'nt really change my position, I was wondering whether any of you had sympathy for the British man. You and others denied it. OK, I'll take your word for it (for now).

    As for those posters I was referring to, no one in particular, but just the general view held by those who were so shocked and surprised by the "street justice" aspect. That raised questions in me about whether some of you hold sympathy for the British man. Which you already deny.

    So shut it HC, or do you want me to give you a good beating now?
    Last edited by Watercooler; 17-05-2012 at 03:16 PM.

  6. #206

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Damn right I am. So shut it HotComer . You were referring to my changed position?
    No, I'm referring to your inability to read and respond to a simple question.
    I was wondering whether any of you had sympathy for the British man.
    You were not wondering, you were accusing.

    So shut it HC, or do you want me to give you a good beating now?
    ooooh, I'm scared now, I better stop before the waterstopper gets even more incoherent.

  7. #207

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    27,123

    Dipstick award of the week goes to WC.

    HowardCoombs and justjoe86 like this.

  8. #208

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    No, I'm referring to your inability to read and respond to a simple question.
    You were not wondering, you were accusing.

    ooooh, I'm scared now, I better stop before the waterstopper gets even more incoherent.
    Yup. you better be scared. Nothing would make me feel better than to whoop your sorry little ass.

    B.S. If I "accuse", I would have name posters names specifically. I "wonder" because of the tone and concern expressed. Understand?

    Btw- If I am incoherent, why would you even respond? You would'nt even understand what I am saying. Just go back to your little hole where you came from.

  9. #209

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Dipstick award of the week goes to WC.
    Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment .

  10. #210

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Btw- If I am incoherent, why would you even respond? You would'nt even understand what I am saying.
    Because its goddamn hilarious, thats why.

    You go off on tangents, answer things that were not asked, find non existent and irrelevant problems, completely make stuff up and when called to task, you do it even more and dig bigger and bigger and deeper holes.

    People laugh at you because you are laughable.
    I answer you because like a little toy, you amuse me.
    My little waterbottle, so much fun, so little time.

Reply
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast