Like Tree146Likes

British man tried to rape a Chinese woman in Beijing and got beaten up.

Reply
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
  1. #231

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    Funny how you are raising weird paranormal/pyschic issues. Oh I forgot, I'm not allow to question the intentions of posters here. How silly of me.
    You didnt question, you perceived&assumed and then accused; when called on it you backtracked. You continue to invent and twist words to suit your needs but its pretty plain for everyone to see the folly of your ways watertower.

    Surely, no expats could be so "uncivilized" as to harbor prejudicial thoughts in this day and age. Geoexpaters are the model expats. Liberal and open-minded. Right....
    No one has claimed that, only watery self. You do know the meaning of Straw Man, right?

  2. #232

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by YCC:
    Let's just say that if the incident took place in London or NYC where the victim was a white woman and the perpetrator was a black or a Muslim man and it was a bunch of white guys beating the supposedly black or Muslim attempting rapist. Do you think people will all rush in here crying how much injustice was being done to the perpetrator? Call me cynical but I highly doubted that!
    Call me realist : are people rushing in here crying how much injustice is being done to the perp?
    You seem to think so. I would ask you to please point out which person(s) has done this and please point out the actual post.

  3. #233

    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Kent, England
    Posts
    6,728
    Quote Originally Posted by YCC:
    Let's just say that if the incident took place in London or NYC where the victim was a white woman and the perpetrator was a black or a Muslim man and it was a bunch of white guys beating the supposedly black or Muslim attempting rapist. Do you think people will all rush in here crying how much injustice was being done to the perpetrator? Call me cynical but I highly doubted that! not!
    Really? Why do you think that?

  4. #234

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    You didnt question, you perceived&assumed and then accused; when called on it you backtracked. You continue to invent and twist words to suit your needs but its pretty plain for everyone to see the folly of your ways watertower.

    No one has claimed that, only watery self. You do know the meaning of Straw Man, right?
    I did not accuse. Again, if I did, I would have been specific. It was a perception I got.

    It's not a straw man argument. Of course no one would openly claim they harbor prejudicial thoughts. Now why would they?

    I have to ask uncomfortable questions to make you think and reflect. Now if, as everyone claim, that not agreeing with the Chinese guys kicking does not equal sympathy for the British guy. Fine.

    So what are you babbling about?

  5. #235

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,154
    Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    So what are you babbling about?
    My point was to make you look ridiculous which I've thoroughly done again (with the help of a few like minded individuals). I'm done with you for now. When you come up with further ridiculous assertions, we shall do it again.

  6. #236

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    My point was to make you look ridiculous which I've thoroughly done again (with the help of a few like minded individuals). I'm done with you for now. When you come up with further ridiculous assertions, we shall do it again.
    You really have a funny mind. You spend all day at geoexpat just trying (and failing) to make me look ridiculous? Hehehe, I wound you up more than I have thought.

    Besides, if NO-ONE here agree with me, then you win. Judging by those who agree me, job failed again. Hate to lose don't you?

    Don't you look ridiculous here just trying to make look ridiculous? People here can make up their own mind. They don't need you to tell them. You are ridiculous to think otherwise.

    Little Hotcomer must be so mad now...me enticing you here....making a fool of yourself with your obsession with me...who is the ridiculous one here I do wonder?
    Last edited by Watercooler; 17-05-2012 at 04:37 PM.

  7. #237

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    13,154

    I wasnt aware this was a popularity contest where we try to win votes...and no where did I say anything about winning; its yet another inventive idea that came out of your creative mind.

    As I said, I'm done with you for now.
    HAND


  8. #238

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,112
    Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I wasnt aware this was a popularity contest where we try to win votes...and no where did I say anything about winning; its yet another inventive idea that came out of your creative mind.

    As I said, I'm done with you for now.
    HAND
    Who said this was a popularity contest? Looks like you are the one doing the inventing here. You are "done" with me? Good boy. Want me to treat you to a snack?

    I don't see anyone here displaying the level of obsession you have for me...which speaks to your mind...which ain't all that healthy...
    Last edited by Watercooler; 17-05-2012 at 04:45 PM.

  9. #239

    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,680
    Quote Originally Posted by YCC:
    Let's just say that if the incident took place in London or NYC where the victim was a white woman and the perpetrator was a black or a Muslim man and it was a bunch of white guys beating the supposedly black or Muslim attempting rapist. Do you think people will all rush in here crying how much injustice was being done to the perpetrator? Call me cynical but I highly doubted that! [...]
    You are making wrong assumptions just like Watercooler - nobody is or would be 'crying' about any injustice to the perpetrator.
    It was about the person doing the kicking, as justjoe86 pointed out in post #2222, and if vigilantism is acceptable.

    It would not make a difference to me if it were the other way around, i.e. race/ethnicity is not the issue, nor is religion. Some posters have already stated that.
    HowardCoombs likes this.

  10. #240

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Pampanga, Philippines
    Posts
    27,375
    Quote Originally Posted by YCC:
    Let's just say that if the incident took place in London or NYC where the victim was a white woman and the perpetrator was a black or a Muslim man and it was a bunch of white guys beating the supposedly black or Muslim attempting rapist. Do you think people will all rush in here crying how much injustice was being done to the perpetrator? Call me cynical but I highly doubted that! BTW, I also disagree with using excessive force and I don't think it's right to kick the man's head while he appeared semi-unconscious - faking it or not!
    I'll call you cynical, I don't think any of the posters on here would say anything different.

Reply
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast