Air Pollution

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by geolove33:
    I want to go Hong Kong for the a job so i want to
    know that what step are taking by the hong Kong
    Govt.
    None.

HK is ruled by Property Developers and Container Magnates. They don't have any interest in reducing their profit by introducing any environmental stuff.

Beijing says: Don't complain, make money and get out if you don't like it.
    and:
    HK People are immature to chose their own government.
    Which is probably true.

And HK people said a few years ago: Let's hope the economy picks up so we can sell our properties with profit and get out.
    Last edited by Expatriate; 07-11-2007 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate:
    None.

HK is ruled by Property Developers and Container Magnates. They don't have any interest in reducing their profit by introducing any environmental stuff.

Beijing says: Don't complain, make money and get out if you don't like it.
    and:
    HK People are immature to chose their own government.
    Which is probably true.

And HK people said a few years ago: Let's hope the economy picks up so we can sell our properties with profit and get out.
    Methinks you should spend less time listening to whinging conversations in the LKF bars on a Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate:
    None.

I agree that the special interests from these sectors have a disproportial influence on our government and that one of the outcomes has been an overreliance on voluntary industry actions. What I'd like to see is roadmap for environmental change, which focuses on factors within the control of the government and is supported by laws and enforced by government bodies.

2nd floor (although it's billed as 3rd) in Jordan walkup

if anyone's interested in what the power industry in Asia is planning... and how "SOx, NOx and particulates [from coal] are history" please check out http://blueskieschina.com/episode2.html