View Poll Results: Would you prefer a US passport OR a Chinese passport?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chinese

4 6.56%
  • US

19 31.15%
  • Neither

38 62.30%
Like Tree102Likes

Would you prefer a US passport or a Chinese passport?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by thegame181:
    I appreciate the comment dctoki. As a teacher I get to experience other cultures and see amazing things. I am currently finishing up my contract teaching in the Middle East and have gotten to travel to Spain, France, Lebanon, Egypt, Turkey, Kuwait, Qatar, UAE, Hong Kong, and Jordan. All with no hassle because I have a US passport. No living in denial here. I am excited to be moving to Hong Kong in August for a new experience and also getting to travel to more places.
    I would bet any money that this person makes less than 80K (or was it 96K) per year.
    Lets talk again when you start making 200K per year and your uncle decides to tax you on it. Lets see how hassle free that one is going to be

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I would bet any money that this person makes less than 80K (or was it 96K) per year.
    Lets talk again when you start making 200K per year and your uncle decides to tax you on it. Lets see how hassle free that one is going to be
    Is that really what you want to know? Yes I currently make roughly 75K per year. I highly doubt that I will ever make 200K as a teacher. So I won't have to ever worry about that! I still wouldn't trade in my US passport.
    dannycat likes this.

Is that really what you want to know? Yes I currently make roughly 75K per year. I highly doubt that I will ever make 200K as a teacher. So I won't have to ever worry about that! I still wouldn't trade in my US passport.
    I really dont care what you make; but if and when you do make 200K and faced with a big tax bill from Uncle Sam when you've been out of the country for years and years, you will question the value of that passport.

If you stay at 75K, then obviously you'll never pay a dime to the uncle and you wont need to have such negative thoughts

One would choose the stronger, wealthier country of course.

China.

Is that really what you want to know? Actually, I like making sweet love to horses, so no, I wouldn't trade in my US passport.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    I really dont care what you make; but if and when you do make 200K and faced with a big tax bill from Uncle Sam when you've been out of the country for years and years, you will question the value of that passport.

If you stay at 75K, then obviously you'll never pay a dime to the uncle and you wont need to have such negative thoughts
    LOL, and I thought >I< felt strongly about that subject!

If you are married, you are tax free on the first 190,000us per year. Further, you can add to that cost of housing. You can probably get 200k+ usd tax free. Yes I think it is wrong to be taxed, but I would not give up my passport unless I found a place I really loved and of course made well over 200k. Yet personally I would choose to work less and make less as I dont need more than that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

"wrong to be taxed" on foreign income when you are not even in the states that is.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using GeoClicks Mobile

Original Post Deleted
    Brit. You are already subjecting yourself to the "chinese rule of law" by living in china. Don't kid yourself.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast