Like Tree91Likes

WISCONSIN KILLINGS

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Sikhs have no part to play in the caste system, period. It is believed that the gunman mistook Sikhs for Muslims and it has been suggested that this is why we went after them (after losing his marbles).

This removes, even further, the question of the caste system from this situation and if anyone takes up issue with gun control in the context of this shooting, the argument of getting that person's own house in order could be made on any other grounds, but definitely not one that concerns the caste system as far as I am concerned anyway.

Interesting article on the shooting, by a naturalised Muslim from Pakistan

In the Baltimore Sun:

...this shooting was different. It posed a question to the core American values: do we stand up for the safety of our religious minorities with the same vigor as we do for the mainstream population?

The question was valiantly answered by the heroic act of the two police officers who did not hesitate to risk their own lives in order to save the lives of others — in this case Sikhs, who are often mistaken for Muslims. They stood up to protect a Sikh congregation with the same vigor as was displayed for the victims of previous mass shootings.

For many Americans, embracing diversity of race, gender, and religion is second nature. We take it for granted. But as a naturalized Muslim citizen, I wonder if a similar tragedy occurred against a minority in my homeland of Pakistan, would the authorities act so vigorously?

Original Post Deleted
    You are bang out of order bringing up the caste system when talking about terrorist events. You are a emotionless freak. Shame on you and the other person which 'liked' your comment.

Original Post Deleted
    are you suggesting killings were justified because caste system exists in our society ?

many Indians believe in the abolishment of the caste system. The problem is in the rural areas where they cling on the beliefs on the caste system and their medieval thoughts of higher and lower caste. The government needs their votes so they choose to leave this delicate area alone.
    Much like in the US where many Americans believe gun control is necessary (senseless killings are getting worse and more frequent), but the government cannot introduce a law as one party is controlled by the pro-gun lobby and the other party needs the votes in the pro-gun lobby to even bring up the debate.

but you're a brit - run by a bunch of yobs, drunks and louts. Get your own country in order. You just redefined economic theory by staging the triple dip recession.

i dont think you saying that UK is run by a bunch of Yobs, drunks and Louts is very helpful..

a better reply might be to have criticised the inherited lifelong Peers in the house of lords.. that's not great democracy is it? but sinking to level of people just trying to provoke you is playing into their hands.

But I dont think anyone can reasonably suggest the killings were becos of the caste system?

I think pro gun lobbyists will clutch at any straws to muddy the waters as to why they as "responsible" adults should be allowed to keep their guns.... the thing is a "responsible" adult can go off the rails and abuse their toys quite easily...

its clearly the work of a "nutter" - shooting any one is cowardly but women children and the infirm ( an 84 y/o ) on their sunday social is un-forgivable! and I'm sure in most peoples mind an act of cowardly hate.

dont rise to it. be a better person.

and notice that a police man did put his life on the line for the victims, with out hesitation it seems, that should wipe out the bad karma he earned thru 20 years of giving out parking tickets!

Quote Originally Posted by audiot:
    i dont think you saying that UK is run by a bunch of Yobs, drunks and Louts is very helpful..

a better reply might be to have criticised the inherited lifelong Peers in the house of lords.. that's not great democracy is it? but sinking to level of people just trying to provoke you is playing into their hands.

But I dont think anyone can reasonably suggest the killings were becos of the caste system?

I think pro gun lobbyists will clutch at any straws to muddy the waters as to why they as "responsible" adults should be allowed to keep their guns.... the thing is a "responsible" adult can go off the rails and abuse their toys quite easily...

its clearly the work of a "nutter" - shooting any one is cowardly but women children and the infirm ( an 84 y/o ) on their sunday social is un-forgivable! and I'm sure in most peoples mind an act of cowardly hate.

dont rise to it. be a better person.

and notice that a police man did put his life on the line for the victims, with out hesitation it seems, that should wipe out the bad karma he earned thru 20 years of giving out parking tickets!
    I was going to stay out of this one but Audiot that last statement about the police officer is uncalled for. Your chance to practice what you preach and apologize. There are plenty of good cops out there. That statement is moronic.
    climber07 likes this.

?

hey I think he did the right thing - put his life on the line for people in trouble... and without hesitation.. I did mention that..

so my apology is for making light of it.... for that I am sorry if its misplaced...

Brooklynexpat likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    While all you say may make sense in an appropriate thread... keep it out of this thread. And "anti-America"... where did that come from? People are trying to be polite but your original post was pointless.
    Football16 likes this.

Yes you may have but again in the wrong thread. Like the good old statement, take it outside boys.

Original Post Deleted
    Congratulations. You have succeeded in lowering yourself to his level.
    hullexile, Mat, er2 and 2 others like this.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast